What will Crosby’s next contract be?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

What will Crosby’s next contract be?

Post by Three Stars »

Crosby can name his price, basically. Market value is easily above 10 million dollars.

It’s not like he can be downgraded for performance or aging, unless you feel in your heart of hearts that this was his last great year.

The years come down to how long he feel like playing.
pens_CT
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: What will Crosby’s next contract be?

Post by pens_CT »

Well his cap hit was 8.7 million but due to the front loaded nature of the deal his salary this season was 3 million. I boldly predict he will get a pay increase in the new deal. He obviously wants to win, so I can see him taking less than market value so they can add some free agents to the team to make it better. He'll be 38 when the new deal starts, so its either 2 or 3 years.
Last edited by pens_CT on Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

I think he will take a deal similar to both Geno and Letang. Somewhere in the 6M range for 5 years. That would put him at 42 years old.
pens_CT
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pens_CT »

lemieuxReturns wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 pm I think he will take a deal similar to both Geno and Letang. Somewhere in the 6M range for 5 years. That would put him at 42 years old.
I don't see him playing until 42. There's no way his skills won't erode significantly, and I can't see him as a guy who wants to hang on. 3 years maximum.