Other NHL Games >>>>>>>

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL Games >>>>>>>

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:23 pm Zabinijad jumps head first into the boards and buys a call. Embarrassing.
Make up call for missing the delay of game. What a joke.

Tie game. See what the Canes are made of here.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

A **** penalty call followed by a Rangers PP goal in the playoffs. Name a more iconic duo.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

The way Staal reacted to that flop by Zibenajad shows how weak a call that was.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Canes deserve better than Freddie. Maybe they’ll want Jarry :)

If Carolina wins this game it’s no thanks to him.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Jake has been very quiet tonight
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Wow
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:31 pm Jake has been very quiet tonight
A game with the season on the line, seems to check out.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

Just a gutless way to give this game away by the Canes.

No doubt the Clowns here in NYC will be getting a Statue put up outside MSG for Krieder.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Not sure how Rod didn’t take a timeout to try to slow the Rangers down. Do something.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Zalapski33 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:34 pm Just a gutless way to give this game away by the Canes.

No doubt the Clowns here in NYC will be getting a Statue put up outside MSG for Krieder.
They couldn’t get that 4th goal. They lack finishers and Freddie crapped the bed on 2 of those goals.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

KG wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:35 pm
Zalapski33 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:34 pm Just a gutless way to give this game away by the Canes.

They couldn’t get that 4th goal. They lack finishers and Freddie crapped the bed on 2 of those goals.
2 Posts,a wide open break for Aho,Staal with a tap in.Unreal they didn't get One.

All on Andersen.The timing of those 2 Goals crushed his team.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Wow. Feel for the Canes. They deserved better. Can’t see how they can bring Freddie back.

See you July 1st Jake :)
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

That's what you get in Andersen. Canes won't be legit until they upgrade their goaltending
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

I had the Canes winning the Cup over the Avs going into this Season.Man was I wrong.

2 more insufferable weeks of hearing the NY Media,ESPN and TNT put these guys on a pedestal with revisionist history and hype.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Zalapski33 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:48 pm I had the Canes winning the Cup over the Avs going into this Season.Man was I wrong.

2 more insufferable weeks of hearing the NY Media,ESPN and TNT put these guys on a pedestal with revisionist history and hype.
Hope Florida finishes off Boston. Florida has the better chance of knocking off the Rangers. I don't know how the Bruins are where they are with Coyle and Zacha as their top 2 centers.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Canes starting to remind me of the Pens from 2011-2015. Only problem is they done have a leader like Sid to right the ship. Haven’t really had anything close since Eric Staal and Justin Williams are no longer there in their prime.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I think the refs have a pool on who can make the worst calls this post-season. How this is a penalty on Petterson is bewildering. I don’t care that he jumped. He didn’t move towards the Oiler player. He’s just there while getting rid of the puck. If the Oiler player doesn’t try to make a late hit there’s no contact.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Left the ground to deliver the hit. Pretty simple. Look at his skates. Yeah he didn’t take two strides but he jumped at him.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

pronovost19 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:56 am Left the ground to deliver the hit. Pretty simple. Look at his skates. Yeah he didn’t take two strides but he jumped at him.
Deliver the hit? He was stationary. He left his feet to absorb the hit. That is not charging by any definition.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Sigwolf wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 am
pronovost19 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:56 am Left the ground to deliver the hit. Pretty simple. Look at his skates. Yeah he didn’t take two strides but he jumped at him.
Deliver the hit? He was stationary. He left his feet to absorb the hit. That is not charging by any definition.
According to Rule 42 of the NHL Rulebook, a charging penalty can be assessed as a minor or major penalty and shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner.

He delivered a 'reverse hit'. I've seen worse not called, but by the book it is a penalty.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:54 pm
Sigwolf wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 am
According to Rule 42 of the NHL Rulebook, a charging penalty can be assessed as a minor or major penalty and shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner.

He delivered a 'reverse hit'. I've seen worse not called, but by the book it is a penalty.
That’s nothing close to a penalty. A “reverse hit” still requires directing force into the other player. When a player just jumps and turns AWAY from another player and he gets called it’s horse ****.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

You know who would be a good fit to get more out of the Canes roster? Mike Sullivan. I’m not saying this because I want him gone but the Canes have speed and skill and can play how Sullivan expects and it would be successful instead of the garbage outcomes we have seen the last 4 years in Pittsburgh.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:54 pm

Skates into? Nope, he was stationary, moved the puck, and waited for the impact of the approaching player. Jumps *into*? Nope, he did indeed jump, but not *into* anything He jumped when another player skated *into* him. Charges? Not even remotely close.

By the book, it is not remotely a penalty until they add a "jumping" penalty to the book.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

See ya Bruins!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Really hope Florida beats the Rangers. Rooting for Maurice to get a Cup. And since this is a copy-cat league, maybe the Pens will bring in some heavier players like the Panthers have.