Pittsburgh Penguins All-Time Draft - (Round 25)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Pittsburgh Penguins All-Time Draft - (Round 25)

Post by mikey287 »

Master Draft List and Order (post 24): http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 4#p2251664

Google Doc of the proceedings here (stick tap to meow): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Preliminary team rosters post (post 25): http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 0#p2251670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

------------

We're just sitting here, squawking about a future that may not happen, so why not learn about history? (the "back" button is right where you left it) A proper understanding of history can help open your eyes to the present...

Though I expect crickets, maybe I'll get a couple of brave (or bored?) souls that might be interested.

Premise: We get X number of teams (I'd expect no more than 4 or 6 to be really into it) and we hold an all-time draft. In which you get 25 draft picks (serpentine) to build a team - thus, creating a de facto ranking of Penguins in history. The accomplishments are only for what a Penguin player did in his time with the club and will be judged accordingly (so, Marian Hossa would be a bad pick, even relative to Tyler Kennedy, for instance).

25 picks to make four forward lines (plus spares, as you desire), three defensive pairings (plus spares, as you desire), two goaltenders (plus spare(s), as you desire) and at least one coach (plus assistant(s), as you desire). Coaching matters too, so be careful building a team with a bunch of Morozov's and Bullard's and then pair them up with Kevin Constantine...the results might not be that pretty! But, admittedly, the game is for the players more than anything.

At the end, we'll pit the teams against each other in a tournament and have the board vote on the winner. We can make little bios of the players with stats, notes, scouting reports, videos, etc. to make a case for a player and really do a lot of fun learning in the process.

It won't take a ton of time, maybe you'll check in once or twice a day and if you get busy, that's ok too, just get to your picks as soon as you can...the more time you invest, the better the product is, but we all have lives...I look at it this way, you'd normally spend, what, 7 or 10 hours a week watching Penguins games anyway...donate 10% of that time to this project and it becomes really cool I think...

We'll get started when I think we have requisite interest...feel free to team-up with another member and share a team as well...

To be eligible for drafting:
- Skaters: 150 GP (regular season and playoffs - full disclosure note: careful using H-R, they don't include playoff games in franchise totals [see: Kindrachuk, for instance)
- Goalies: 100 GP (includes games dressed as the backup, but no appearance - use caution)
- Coaches: 150 GC (games coached, rs & playoffs)

Exception list (reason)
- These players are eligible to be drafted despite not meeting requirements at face value.
- Rico Fata (120 GP, would have played in 04-05 season [lockout])
- Konstantin Koltsov (144 GP, would have played in 04-05 season [lockout])
- Noel Price (143 GP, adjusted games played to 80 game seasons)

was actually thinking there would be a few more adjusted up to meet the criteria, but playoff games seems to take care of that in its own right...so I won't go nuts with it. If you have a player that you feel deserves exceptional status - this current lockout notwithstanding - please feel free to post for evaluation.

Sign-up:
Username (pending team name)
1. mikey287 (American Finesse)
2. Gaucho (Charmin Bears)
3. Rylan (Degloving Kings)
4. mrandall25 ()
5. dman66 (Left Wing Locks)
6. meow (Muck, Grind & Repeat)
Last edited by mikey287 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 43 times in total.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins All-Time Draft - Interest?

Post by Rylan »

I won't mind teaming up with someone if possible. Otherwise I would be a question mark. PM me I guess.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I'm intrigued as well. Should be a lot of fun.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

That's a lot better first two posts than I was expecting.

I thought I'd get one reply like this and that'd be it...
Two-part question about the draft: Shut up and go **** yourself...
I'll post some sources for people to begin their research, if they so choose.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Tbh, I guess I'd pick Marian Hossa over Tyler Kennedy based on one great playoff alone. Maybe that's why I'm not a GM. :wink:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Some Sources: (feel free to ask questions about anything, I should be able to help find what you're looking for more often than not)

http://www.hockey-reference.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - good statistical base. You can play around with the Play Index. Or go by years to find scoring finishes to help build your case (i.e. Joel Kwiatkowski finished 275th and 309th in defenseman scoring as a Penguin...or whatever).

http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=nn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Google News. Use it to search through old newspaper clippings that describe play. To use: type something in, then go to "Search Tools" and select "Archives" - very valuable source for me. Given that the Pens have only existed since the mid-60s, you should have no problem finding some good info about a player...it's not like we're looking for info on Tom Paton or Coddy Winters...

http://penguinslegends.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Joe Pelletier's Legends of Hockey. A good resource from a historian that has seen a lot of hockey over the years. He's not exactly accurate for specific facts sometimes and he writes a good number of pieces in a good light, but he paints a decent picture usually.

http://hsp.flyershistory.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Hockey Summary Project. Don't let the URL fool you, this is a terrific resource for game logs. Some of your browsers may block this site right now (IE doesn't, Firefox and Chrome do) because of an adware issue. Owner of the site says that this isn't accurate and is looking to resolve the issue. Evidently a rogue ad got mixed in there...I've been using it with IE with no problems.

I think that should be a good base for many...and if we need to do anything more advanced, then we'll cross that bridge when we get there...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Gaucho wrote:Tbh, I guess I'd pick Marian Hossa over Tyler Kennedy based on one great playoff alone. Maybe that's why I'm not a GM. :wink:
Haha, well, serious or not, it brings up an interesting point for others to understand. Hossa only played 32 games as a Penguin. So in terms of career value, you'd get basically nothing out of him. A durable player like Kennedy, who had a much lower peak, you'd get more out of...

In fact, we probably shouldn't draft anyone that hasn't played at least 200 or 250 games as a Penguin. Otherwise, how much of a franchise impact could this player have...?

Hossa in a draft like this is about as valuable as Bryan Fogarty.

How about 200 games as the limit, does that offend anyone? Since the Pens have always played in an era where at least 74 games were played in a season, we won't have to adjust for season-era...

The only thing about 200 games that comes to mind, is that it keeps Michel Briere off the list. Which I'm ok with, respectfully. He played 86 games as a Penguiin and what happened was tragic, but that's the thing about a draft/game like this...there's no projecting. It's what-you-see-is-what-you-got. When you take Crosby or Malkin, it's to date. Not, "well, he's on pace for 1500 points so..." It's what have you actually done so far, for us.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I was hoping for this sort of extensive response. I think I now have a better understanding of what you're looking for. :thumb:

So ... I guess I'm in. Really looking forward to it and learning even more about the Pens' history and blue jerseys.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I haven't quite finished this from 1970 yet...but this is the summary that I pieced together from our first ever playoff series against Oakland. It might be of some interest here. The Blues series is only half done I think...

---
Despite being 12 games under .500 (26-38-12) and exhibiting a minus-56 goal differential, the Pittsburgh Penguins embarked on their first trip to the postseason in 1970. What's more, they had home ice advantage over the Oakland Seals who narrowly beat out Philadelphia for the fourth spot in the Western Division - the division that was a working playpen for the new expansion teams. Oakland had won just 22 of 76 games but qualified for the playoffs. They trailed Philadelphia by 7 points with just 6 games remaining, but Philadelphia lost all of their remaining games and the Seals made up the difference. The kicker, a rugged defensive defenseman from Western Canada named Barry Gibbs (58 goals in 797 NHL games) flung a puck from beyond center ice that was lost in the sun that was pouring through The Spectrum's windows on the last game of the NHL regular season in 1970 that eluded Bernie Parent for a 1-0 Minnesota win - eliminating Philadelphia from the postseason. Bernie Parent was traded to Toronto in the offseason.

April 8, 1970, in front of more than 8,000 fans at the Pittsburgh Civic Arena, playoff hockey began in Pittsburgh. The eager fans were quickly greeted with the first playoff goal of many in Pens history. After offensive defenseman (though it’s believed he played left wing most of the season and series) Carol Vadnais hooked Michel Briere a minute into the game, the Penguins went on the power play. Bob Woytowich got a quick shot on and Seals goaltender Gary Smith padded it out, but right to Jean Pronovost who flipped the puck into the near vacant cage - the goal occurred at 1:05 of the 1st period. Gerry Ehman would answer late in the period for Oakland, a shot that was deflected off of Woytowich’s stick past Les Binkley.

With just over seven minutes left in regulation, Glen Sather came into obvious contact with Smith in his crease leaving him unable to stop the shot forthcoming from Polish-born rookie Nick Harbaruk. Referee Bruce Hood signaled the goal would count which led to an apoplectic Smith to come charging out of the net towards him to disagree fervently. Binkley continued to be stellar down the stretch and the Penguins won the contest 2-1. While the shot totals are in some minor disagreement from the time, it is believed Binkley stopped 29 of Oakland’s 30 offerings; Smith refused 34 of 36 Pittsburgh shots.

The next night, Gary Jarrett started the scoring off for Oakland on the power play and the Penguins wouldn’t find an answer until the 2nd period when Harbaruk would score his second of the playoffs. 34 seconds later, Wally Boyer would score his first and only goal of the playoffs. The Penguins peppered Smith all game long as Vadnais and the Oakland defense was seemingly no match for the forward-thinking Penguins led by Red Kelly. Dunc McCallum would score the only goal of his NHL playoff career near the midway point of the third period to seal a game that seemed well at hand after Harbaruk broke the ice. The Penguins won 3-1 and went up 2-0 in the series. Binkley survived an early wave from Oakland and turned out 25 of 26 shots; Smith, on the other side, was bombarded for 42 shots, stopping all but three.

Les Binkley was stellar and Red Kelly acknowledged it. “He’s at his peak. He’s really hot and this is when we want the victories.” Binkley’s attire on the rink did not include a mask, as he had yet to work up the confidence to wear it yet. A long time member of the nearby Cleveland Barons of the AHL, Binkley is a seasoned vet and had been playing without a mask professionally before Jacques Plante introduced it to the league full-time. Thankful to have a job, Binkley would likely have never made the NHL had it not doubled the amount of available jobs in 1967. His off-ice attire didn’t change much either during the playoffs, the same gray slacks, the same light blue jacket and even the same socks after every game. “The same outfit is going to the coast…I’m not changing it now,” Binkley said, not at all affirming the peculiar nature of goaltenders…

The series switched back to Oakland for game 3 and nearly 9,000 came out to support their Seals. Long-time NHLer Earl Ingarfield would tally early for Oakland – a double slap to Pittsburgh as the Penguins had dealt him to Oakland the year before in a six-player swap that saw the Penguins acquire Bryan Watson. The Pens were winless in Oakland all season long and the Penguins were not sharp early. After more than 25 minutes of elapsed time, Harbaruk finds the back of the net for the third straight game. With just five goals in the regular season, he now had three in three playoff games. Two and a half minutes later, Ken Schinkel scored to give the Pens the lead and less than four minutes later Jean Pronovost scored to give the Penguins a 3-1 on ten second period shots. The life was sucked from Oakland. Ted Hampson would try to breathe new life into the team on a goal from Harry Howell early in the third to put some doubt in the ending. Schinkel, Ron Schock and Dean Prentice would extinguish any hopes as they wreaked havoc on the Oakland blueliners. Schinkel would score twice in the third for a hat trick, Prentice had three helpers. Binkley staved off 27 of 29 shots; Smith could only handle 20 of 25 from the opponents. The Penguins led 3 games to 0.

The next night – a Monday, the 13th, attendance in the Oakland Coliseum dropped significantly from game 3 – reportedly anywhere between 3,500 – 5,500 fewer fans showed up to support their Seals. A terrible omen for the series, but not only would they not see their Seals in the postseason again but the Bay Area would not see another playoff contest until the San Jose Sharks made the playoffs in 1994 – nearly a quarter century later.

The Seals skated hard in the game and were rewarded with some good scoring chances and power plays. They converted on two of the latter. Noted swingman Carol Vadnais scored on two such opportunities early in the first and second periods on the merits of his own offensive acumen, both times putting Oakland ahead by one. Prentice and Woytowich answered these goals, respectively. The Penguins continued to plug away. A blank scoresheet followed in the third, neither team was so much as rewarded a power play at this crucial juncture. The game would require overtime. The Penguins held the puck for a good portion of the extra frame. Val Fonteyne snapped a 15-foot wrist shot at the goaltender Smith who kicked it out just fine but breaking in on the play was slender rookie Michel Briere who beat his check to the puck and all in one motion snapped it past Smith who had not yet recovered from making the initial stop. The Penguins won the game and the series off the stick of their terrific 19-year-old freshman. The goal came at 8:28 of the overtime and eliminated Oakland in a sweep. “You give him a little daylight and he’ll kill you,” Kelly said of Briere. Briere, who by his own admission didn’t think he’d make the club after a great junior year in Shawinigan the previous season, worked closely with the legendary Kelly during the season on defensive play and faceoffs, among other things to supplement Briere’s natural abilities with the puck.

Les Binkley, winning goaltender, had a bit of mixed emotions about the victory. Seals coach Fred Glover gave Binkley a start as his assistant trainer back in Cleveland and helped make him into the terrific goaltender he was on that day – a far cry from his description when he first started…”a mess.” Glover went on to say that it was a similar team to one they faced during the regular season, “the big difference in the playoffs was their goaltending. Binkley was excellent.”

Save percentage was not an official stat for more than a decade in the NHL, but I believe Binkley’s line for the series would have read as follows: 4-0, 1.45 GAA, .947 save pct.

Just that quickly, the Penguins are one round away from playing in the Stanley Cup Finals. They need to first try to take down the St. Louis Blues who dispatched Minnesota in six games in the previous round.
---
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

:shock:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I'll do it, and draft based on stats :pop:

Nah, but I'm definitely in on this.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

MRandall25 wrote:I'll do it, and draft based on stats :pop:

Nah, but I'm definitely in on this.
Terrific!
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Ya know, I was thinking and trying to roughly estimate the numbers in my head...and thought, "hmm...how many players actually have played 200 games in a Pens uniform?"

We've only played about 3000 games as a franchise, I might be limiting the field too much. So I looked into it...and sure enough, I was a touch over-zealous...only about 100 players, by my initial determination, have played 200+ games as Penguins. 4 teams x 25 picks would quickly exhaust those figures.

So, let's back that up to 150 games and that should about double the pool. Additionally, for goalies, only 7 have played in 150 games for us ever. So let's back that up to 100 games and include games that they dressed as a backup. Which I feel is a number above 12 certainly but below 20. Which is fine because there's only so many quality goalies in our history anyhow. The second best one is still considered a draft bust.

So 150 GP as a skater. 100 dressed for goalies.

Though career value matters, so picking a guy like at 168 GP would not be looked at as good as a player with the same resume and 602 GP, for instance. However, peak matters as well. Say if Hossa played 200 GP for us and had 2 top-10 point finishes, 1 top-5 goal finish, got some votes at RW on a post-season all-star team or whatever vs. a say, Mark Letestu if he played 600 games for us and wasn't much more than a warm body for all of that time...Hossa would easily be more valuable.

It's hard to really identify the balance, and it's up for debate. I'm just trying to give interested people an idea on how it would work. Letestu's career value over 600 games doesn't amount to enough to supercede Hossa's 200 games because of Hossa's incredible peak. Just as an example.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Not gonna play but should be alot of fun to see everyones results.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah, it should be interesting. The board, as a whole, will be involved in helping determine the results and other fruitful discussion if they so choose. Right now, we have 3 teams, plus one more that is looking for a co-GM. I'd really like if some of our more "experienced" fans got involved. I don't think having more than six teams is a realistic idea, personally. 4 to 6 would be ideal.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by dman66 »

I'm in. If we get too many people, I'll gladly slide in as a co gm as well
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I'd like to get this started sooner rather than later. So, we'll see what much of the rest of the day holds, and if there's no more interest - perhaps dman66 will team-up with Rylan, if both parties are comfortable with that, of course.

Four strong teams would not at all be disappointing. We have about 80 forwards, 50 d-men and a dozen goalies to choose from. Six would require some creativity but I don't foresee it being a major problem.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I can go by myself, but I just don't know how how much I can research right now.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Rylan wrote:I can go by myself, but I just don't know how how much I can research right now.
I'm not sure what your time constraints are. I would think the beginning of the draft will move fairly quickly (any guesses as to who the first pick will be?) but it's the middle and end of the draft that will require some research. I'd just familiarize yourself with the players - maybe break them down by position - and get a watchlist of players you think will fit on your second and third lines and second and third pairs and just get a feel for what's out there. That's the toughest part really, understanding what's out there. Once you have a gauge of relative value, everything should fall into place. Feel free to post or PM, I'm not really concerned about wins/losses, I'm more concerned with relative accuracy and education...

By the end of the day today I'd like to have this all formulated and get a draft order done. So everyone, please figure out if you're in or out, teaming up or shipping off...and just report back.

@everyone: In a venture, such as this, it is very much frowned upon to mention "undrafteds" prior to their selection in the thread. While, it's not a punishable offense, I don't have any mod capabilities to edit posts or what have you, so it's generally accepted that you don't post the names of undrafteds if you can help it. Again, you certainly won't be exiled, but try to avoid it if you can. Thanks.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I'm down. Count me in
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

meow wrote:I'm down. Count me in
Great!

Ya know, the more I look at these names, the more fun I think I'm gonna have with this. I hope it's enjoyable for all or at least a solid time-killer/educator...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I think our pool is a little too narrow for 8 teams to be honest. What I'm going to do is kind of break my own rule and post a few undrafted players in the first post that I'm granting "exceptions" to...that is, players that would have met the GP requirements if not for influences out of their control. It should broaden the field just a tiny bit. Note that these players with such minimal games played are NOT that desirable. Think about it, ~150 GP @ 80 games per season is only about two seasons with us. Minimal impact. But later in the draft, these names will add some versatility to the pool. They will be in the OP.

I'll get together a draft order in a little while. Rylan, if you find a co-GM, or decide what you want to do for sure, just let me know. I think you can do it alone if you devote a small chunk of time at the beginning and then little bits as it goes along...but again, I don't know your time situation, so I won't speculate.

Most of my edits will be the OP, so look there. Thanks.

Now would be a good time for public and private questions, but this isn't rocket science. Nor is their a set way to evaluate players across history - merely loose guidelines. If you pick Deryk Engelland (not eligible) in the 2nd round, you will be shunned accordingly. ;)

When making a selection, please include the name, pos in bold so we can see but also include a little background info. Why you made the pick, what made him stick out to you, etc. Seeing a list of names doesn't necessarily educate, seeing why the names were chosen in the order they were is what the project is all about.

Picks that are made are open for both praise and criticism...but please keep it focused on the player itself with his accomplishments (or lack thereof) in mind. If someone picks Deryk Engelland (still not eligible) and you say you don't like it because he wears a stupid number or he smells funny, you aren't going to get a lot of credit. But, saying something like, "clearly his coaches didn't trust him in big spots, thus his drop in ATOI during the playoffs" would be more constructive criticism and would be looked at favorably.

Sounds simple enough, I trust...
Last edited by mikey287 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Yea I can do it. No worries.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Before I lose the first page, I'll reserve this for the master draft list and order. Thanks to random.org for the random list generator.

Links go to bios made for the project.

Round 1
1. Left Wing Locks - Mario Lemieux, C
2. Charmin Bears - Sidney Crosby, C
3. American Finesse - Jaromir Jagr, RW
4. Degloving Kings - Evgeni Malkin, C
5. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Ron Francis, C
6. mrandall25 - Paul Coffey, D

Round 2
7. mrandall25 - Jean Pronovost, RW
8. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Larry Murphy, D
9. Degloving Kings - Marc-Andre Fleury, G
10. American Finesse - Tom Barrasso, G
11. Charmin Bears - Les Binkley, G
12. Left Wing Locks - Kevin Stevens, LW

Round 3
13. Left Wing Locks - Randy Carlyle, D
14. Charmin Bears - Rick Kehoe, RW
15. American Finesse - Syl Apps, Jr., C
16. Degloving Kings - Alexei Kovalev, RW
17. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Joe Mullen, RW
18. mrandall25 - Mike Bullard, C

Round 4
19. mrandall25 - Martin Straka, C
20. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Mark Recchi, RW
21. Degloving Kings - Pierre Larouche, C
22. American Finesse - Dave Burrows, D
23. Charmin Bears - Ulf Samuelsson, D
24. Left Wing Locks - Ron Stackhouse, D

Round 5
25. Left Wing Locks - Lowell MacDonald, LW
26. Charmin Bears - Sergei Gonchar, D
27. American Finesse - Kris Letang, D
28. Degloving Kings - Jordan Staal, C/LW
29. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Darius Kasparaitis, D
30. mrandall25 - Rick Tocchet, RW/LW

Round 6
31. mrandall25 - Ron Schock, C
32. Muck, Grind & Repeat - John Cullen, C
33. Degloving Kings - Brooks Orpik, D
34. American Finesse - Greg Malone, C
35. Charmin Bears - Bob Errey, LW
36. Left Wing Locks - Rob Brown, RW

Round 7
37. Left Wing Locks - Robert Lang, C
38. Charmin Bears - Petr Nedved, C/LW
39. American Finesse - Randy Cunneyworth, LW
40. Degloving Kings - Doug Bodger, D
41. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Johan Hedberg, G
42. mrandall25 - Zarley Zalapski, D

Round 8
43. mrandall25 - Ken Wregget, G
44. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Chris Kunitz, LW
45. Degloving Kings - Ryan Malone, LW
46. American Finesse - George Ferguson, C/RW
47. Charmin Bears - Kevin Hatcher, D
48. Left Wing Locks - Greg Millen, G

Round 9
49. Left Wing Locks - Bryan Trottier, C
50. Charmin Bears - Tomas Sandstrom, RW
51. American Finesse - Ken Schinkel, RW
52. Degloving Kings - Kjell Samuelsson, D
53. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Rob Scuderi, D
54. mrandall25 - "Battleship" Bob Kelly, LW

Round 10
55. mrandall25 - Jiri Slegr, D
56. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Alex Goligoski, D
57. Degloving Kings - Ryan Whitney, D
58. American Finesse - Moe Mantha, D
59. Charmin Bears - Gordie Roberts, D
60. Left Wing Locks - Pascal Dupuis, LW/RW

Round 11
61. Left Wing Locks - Dick Tarnstrom, D
62. Charmin Bears - Randy Hillier, D
63. American Finesse - Greg Polis, LW
64. Degloving Kings - Jim Johnson, D
65. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Maxime Talbot, C
66. mrandall25 - Brad Werenka, D

Round 12
67. mrandall25 - Stu Barnes, C/LW
68. American Finesse (via Muck, Grind & Repeat) - Bob Woytowich, D
69. Degloving Kings - Michal Rozsival, D
70. Muck, Grind & Repeat (via American Finesse) - Matt Cooke, LW
71. Charmin Bears - Rod Schutt, LW
72. Left Wing Locks - Russ Anderson, D

Round 13
73. Left Wing Locks - Rod Buskas, D
74. Charmin Bears - Bryan Hextall, Jr., C
75. Muck, Grind & Repeat (via American Finesse) - Peter Lee, RW
76. mrandall25 (via Degloving Kings) - Vic Hadfield, LW
77. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Shawn McEachern, LW/C/RW
78. Degloving Kings (via mrandall25) - Pat Boutette, RW/LW

Round 14
79. Degloving Kings (via mrandall25) - Colby Armstrong, RW
80. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Mark Eaton, D
81. mrandall25 (via Degloving Kings) - Phil Bourque, LW/D
82. American Finesse - Bryan Watson, D
83. Charmin Bears - Paul Gardner, C
84. Left Wing Locks - Ruslan Fedotenko, LW

Round 15
85. Left Wing Locks - Tyler Kennedy, RW
86. Charmin Bears - Keith McCreary, LW
87. American Finesse - Ross Lonsberry, LW
88. Degloving Kings - Troy Loney, LW
89. American Finesse (via Muck, Grind & Repeat) - Duane Rupp, D
90. mrandall25 - Colin Campbell, D

Round 16
91. mrandall25 - Jan Hrdina, C/LW
92. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Jarkko Ruutu, LW
93. Degloving Kings - Aleksey Morozov, RW
94. American Finesse - Craig Adams, RW
95. Charmin Bears - Nick Harbaruk, RW
96. Left Wing Locks - Bob Paradise, D

Round 17
97. Left Wing Locks - Mike Rupp, LW/C
98. Charmin Bears - Val Fonteyne, LW
99. American Finesse - Gregg Sheppard, C/LW
100. Degloving Kings - Tyler Wright, C
101. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Petr Sykora, RW
102. mrandall25 - Al McDonough, RW

Round 18
103. mrandall25 - Paul Martin, D
104. Muck, Grind & Repeat- Andrew Ference, D
105. Degloving Kings - Dan Frawley, RW
106. American Finesse - Denis Herron, G
107. Charmin Bears - Orest Kindrachuk, C/LW
108. Left Wing Locks - Kip Miller, C/LW

Round 19
109. Left Wing Locks - Jay Caufield, RW
110. Charmin Bears - Ian Moran, D
111. American Finesse - Dave Hannan, C/LW
112. Degloving Kings - Jean-Sebastien Aubin, G
113. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Dan Bylsma, coach
114. mrandall25 - Scotty Bowman, coach

Round 20
115. mrandall25 - Brent Johnson, G
116. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Warren Young, LW/C
117. Degloving Kings - Craig Simpson, LW
118. American Finesse - Michel Therrien, coach
119. Charmin Bears - Eddie Johnston, coach
120. Left Wing Locks - Dan Quinn, C

Round 21
121. Left Wing Locks - Kevin Constantine, coach
122. Charmin Bears - Michel Dion, G
123. American Finesse - Dean Prentice, LW
124. Degloving Kings - Marc Boileau, coach
125. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Doug Shedden, C
126. mrandall25 - Wayne Bianchin, LW

Round 22
127. mrandall25 - Chris Tamer, D
128. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Grant Jennings, D
129. Degloving Kings - Red Kelly, coach
130. American Finesse - John Chabot, C
131. Charmin Bears - Paul Stanton, D
132. Left Wing Locks - Jim Paek, D

Round 23
133. Left Wing Locks - Frank Pietrangelo, G
134. Charmin Bears - Paul Baxter, D
135. American Finesse - Andy Bathgate, RW
136. Degloving Kings - Peter Taglianetti, D
137. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Marc Bergevin, D
138. mrandall25 - Markus Naslund, LW

Round 24
139. mrandall25 - Dunc McCallum, D
140. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Wendell Young, G
141. Degloving Kings - Gary Rissling, LW
142. American Finesse - Darryl Edestrand, D
143. Charmin Bears - Lew Morrison, RW
144. Left Wing Locks - Wally Boyer, C

Round 25
145. Left Wing Locks - Deryk Engelland, D
146. Charmin Bears - Blair Champman, RW
147. American Finesse - Chuck Arnason, RW
148. Degloving Kings - Rico Fata, C
149. Muck, Grind & Repeat - Francois Leroux, D
150. mrandall25 - Milan Kraft, C
Last edited by mikey287 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 110 times in total.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Team Rosters
(unofficial, preliminary lines only - subject to change)

Left Wing Locks
Head Coach: Kevin Constantine

Kevin Stevens - Mario Lemieux (C) - Rob Brown
Lowell MacDonald - Robert Lang - Pascal Dupuis
Ruslan Fedotenko - Bryan Trottier (A) - Tyler Kennedy
Mike Rupp - Wally Boyer - Jay Caufield

X: Kip Miller
X: Dan Quinn

Randy Carlyle - Ron Stackhouse (A)
Russ Anderson - Rod Buskas
Dick Tarnstrom - Deryk Engelland

X: Bob Paradise
X: Jim Paek

Greg Millen
Frank Pietroangelo

PP1
Stevens - Lemieux - Brown
Stackhouse - Carlyle

PP2
Fedotenko - Lemieux - MacDonald
Lang - Tarnstrom

PK1
Trottier - Dupuis
Carlyle - Stackhouse

PK2
Boyer - Lemieux
Anderson - Engelland

Charmin Bears
Head coach: Eddie Johnston

Rod Schutt - Sidney Crosby (C) - Rick Kehoe
Bob Errey (A) - Petr Nedved - Tomas Sandstrom
Keith McCreary (A) - Orest Kindrachuk - Nick Harbaruk
Val Fonteyne - Bryan Hextall, Jr. - Paul Gardner

X: Lew Morrison
X: Blair Chapman

Ulf Samuelsson - Sergei Gonchar
Randy Hillier - Kevin Hatcher
Gordie Roberts - Ian Moran

X: Paul Stanton
X: Paul Baxter

Les Binkley
Michel Dion

PP1: Nedved - Crosby - Kehoe - Gonchar - Hatcher
PP2: Schutt - Gardner - Sandstrom - Gonchar - Hillier

PK1: Kindrachuk - Errey - Gonchar - Roberts
PK2: McCreary - Fonteyne - Hillier - Samuelsson

American Finesse
Head coach: Michel Therrien

Randy Cunneyworth - Syl Apps, Jr. - Jaromir Jagr
Greg Polis - Greg Malone - Ken Schinkel (C)
Ross Lonsberry - Gregg Sheppard - George Ferguson
Dean Prentice - Dave Hannan - Craig Adams

X: John Chabot
X: Andy Bathgate
X: Chuck Arnason

Dave Burrows (A) - Kristopher Letang
Duane Rupp - Moe Mantha
Bryan Watson - Bob Woytowich (A)

X: Darryl Edestrand

Tom Barrasso
Denis Herron

PP1: Randy Cunneyworth - Syl Apps, Jr. - Jaromir Jagr - Kristopher Letang - Moe Mantha
PP2: Dean Prentice - Greg Malone - George Ferguson - Dave Burrows - Bob Woytowich

PK1: George Ferguson - Craig Adams - Dave Burrows - Bob Woytowich
PK2: Gregg Sheppard - Dave Hannan - Duane Rupp - Bryan Watson

Degloving Kings
Head coach: Marc Boileau
Assistant coach: Red Kelly

Ryan Malone - Evgeni Malkin (C) - Alexei Kovalev
Troy Loney (A) - Pierre Larouche - Pat Boutette
Craig Simpson - Jordan Staal - Colby Armstrong
Aleksey Morozov - Tyler Wright - Dan Frawley

X: Gary Rissling
X: Rico Fata

Brooks Orpik (A) - Doug Bodger
Kjell Samuelsson - Ryan Whitney
Jim Johnson - Michal Rozsival

X: Peter Taglianetti

Marc-Andre Fleury
Jean-Sebastien Aubin

PP1: Ryan Malone - Evgeni Malkin - Alexi Kovalev
Ryan Whitney - Michal Rozsival

PP2: Jordan Staal - Pierre Larouche - Pat Boutette
Doug Bodger - Brooks Orpik

PK1: Jordan Staal - Troy Loney
Brooks Orpik - Kjell Samuelsson

PK2: Tyler Wright - Colby Armstrong
Doug Bodger - Michal Rozsival

Muck, Grind & Repeat
Head coach: Dan Bylsma

Chris Kunitz (A) - Ron Francis (C) - Joe Mullen
Mark Recchi - John Cullen - Petr Sykora
Matt Cooke - Warren Young - Shawn McEachern
Jarkko Ruutu - Maxime Talbot - Peter Lee

X: Doug Shedden

Larry Murphy (A) - Darius Kasparaitis
Rob Scuderi - Andrew Ference
Mark Eaton - Alex Goligoski

X: Grant Jennings
X: Marc Bergevin
X: Francois Leroux

Johan Hedberg
Wendell Young

PP1:
Recchi - Francis - Mullen
Murphy - Goligoski

PP2:
Kunitz - Cullen - Sykora
Eaton - Ference

PK1:
Cooke - Talbot
Kasparatis - Scuderi

PK2
McEachern - Ruuttu
Eaton - Ference

Unnamed Team
Head Coach: Scotty Bowman

"Battleship" Bob Kelly - Mike Bullard (A) - Jean Pronovost (C)
Stu Barnes - Martin Straka - Rick Tocchet
Vic Hadfield - Ron Schock (A) - Al McDonough
Phil Bourque - Jan Hrdina - Wayne Bianchin

X: Markus Naslund
X: Milan Kraft

Paul Coffey - Zarley Zalapski
Jiri Slegr - Brad Werenka
Paul Martin - Colin Campbell

X: Dunc McCallum
X: Chris Tamer

Ken Wregget
Brent Johnson

PP1:
Tocchet-Bullard-Pronovost
Coffey-Slegr

PP2:
Kelly-Straka-Barnes
Zalapski-Martin

PK1:
Barnes-Schock
Coffey-Werenka

PK2:
Straka-Bourque
Slegr-Martin

---my original nonsense---

Let's leave 24 hours for each pick, I think that's ample time. But it allows for sleep and work. Make your picks as quickly as possible, but I know this won't be going at a torrid pace. I'll try to keep up with PMs for picks that are dragging on, but do try to check the thread often. There's two threads that see any activity outside of NHR - this and the lockout thread, it shouldn't be hard...

So, we'll start the clock for dman at noon eastern. He can pick at any time, followed by Gaucho...the suspense of the first pick is killing me, I wonder...
Last edited by mikey287 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 78 times in total.