Pittsburgh Penguins - employment layoffs

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Pittsburgh Penguins - employment layoffs

Post by penny lane »

including letting go of multiple high-level executives.
Can't find names yet.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins - employment layoffs

Post by Admin »

Chief Revenue Officer - Chris Zaber
Senior Vice President of Partnership Marketing and Operations - Ross Miller
Senior Vice President of Partnerships - Jack Tipton
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

Admin wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:03 pm Chief Revenue Officer - Chris Zaber
Senior Vice President of Partnership Marketing and Operations - Ross Miller
Senior Vice President of Partnerships - Jack Tipton
I was thinking that they were what was holding back our Power Play! Tipton I can point to as why our 3rd and fourth line production isn't where it needs to be! I think this is a step in the right direction for sure!
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

They need more money to pay Sully and resign his assistants.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Looking at those titles, clearly those are corporate positions. Did they exist prior to FSG? Probably not.

Chief Revenue Officer probably (hopefully) realized a team not playing isn't earning revenue, so you are low hanging fruit.

SVP's of Partnership and Marketing (?) X2 probably began to realize a team not playing surely aren't partnering with any company looking for revenue based on board placement advertising during the playoffs.

Redundant jobs during a playoff drought.
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

Badger Bob wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:36 pm They need more money to pay Sully and resign his assistants.
No doubt. :D
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

There are more business layoffs than just those 3 for sure. I saw Andi Perlman post today (from yesterday) that she was let go. She was VP of Marketing and Digital for 10 years.

I'm wondering if Jennifer Bullano Ridgley made it or not. She's Chief Communications Officer who has been there for 18+ years. I believe when you see press conferences, she's the one calling out reporters names, and when there are player requests for interviewers, she's the one to go to.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

FLPensFan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:47 pm There are more business layoffs than just those 3 for sure. I saw Andi Perlman post today (from yesterday) that she was let go. She was VP of Marketing and Digital for 10 years.

I'm wondering if Jennifer Bullano Ridgley made it or not. She's Chief Communications Officer who has been there for 18+ years. I believe when you see press conferences, she's the one calling out reporters names, and when there are player requests for interviewers, she's the one to go to.
I don't see Michelle Crechiolo listed on the Pens Website under the Front Office Staff either. I'm not sure she was ever listed, but I know she's been around since 2010. She is/was the head writer for the Penguins official website and serves as a PensTV pre-game and intermission host on the big screen. She also did some fill-in radio color commentating on the radio for a couple Pens games.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Badger Bob wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:42 pm
FLPensFan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:47 pm There are more business layoffs than just those 3 for sure. I saw Andi Perlman post today (from yesterday) that she was let go. She was VP of Marketing and Digital for 10 years.

I don't see Michelle Crechiolo listed on the Pens Website under the Front Office Staff either. I'm not sure she was ever listed, but I know she's been around since 2010. She is/was the head writer for the Penguins official website and serves as a PensTV pre-game and intermission host on the big screen. She also did some fill-in radio color commentating on the radio for a couple Pens games.
I don't think she was ever officially listed. She made some posts on April 29th regarding signing of Larsson and Poulin, so I think she made the cut.
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

If she did it's a good new for sure.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

stonewizard51 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:17 am If she did it's a good new for sure.
You're such a hater! :o
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Leo McCafferty, creator of "In The Room" also let go. He also helped create the 50th anniversary documentary.

stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

Badger Bob wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:13 pm
stonewizard51 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:17 am If she did it's a good new for sure.
You're such a hater! :o
Not a hater. I actually like her. Side not tho...always have and always will be. :D