Associate Coach Todd Reirden let go

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Associate Coach Todd Reirden let go

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Pitts wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:39 am Molinari with his own Sully appreciation piece: https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsbu ... o-do-list/

You have to wonder if Pens are "pressing" this narrative with the press
I agree with almost all of that, actually.

'But that’s the only valid reason for putting someone new in charge of the bench. Change for its own sake — or even to just shake things up or placate some of the ticket-buying public — is not what the franchise needs now'

I could think of another reason. Such as accountibility.

Not parting with 1st rounders, yes. Asking players to waive contract clauses, yes. Don't believe we're one or two moves away from greatness, yes.
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

FLPensFan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:18 am Sheldon Keefe officially fire from the Leafs this morning....
What are the chances he'd take the AC here if it was offered ?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

stonewizard51 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm
FLPensFan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:18 am Sheldon Keefe officially fire from the Leafs this morning....
He probably wants to hold out for a head coach job. I've seen some speculate him in WBS but I don't see that. He's already done everything in the AHL. Maybe he takes a job as an assistant here knowing Sully will be on a short leash. I don't know if KD would bring in Keefe to be on Sully's staff. That would be a tough sell to Sully.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

KG wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:23 pm
stonewizard51 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm
He probably wants to hold out for a head coach job. I've seen some speculate him in WBS but I don't see that. He's already done everything in the AHL. Maybe he takes a job as an assistant here knowing Sully will be on a short leash. I don't know if KD would bring in Keefe to be on Sully's staff. That would be a tough sell to Sully.
New Jersey is already on the phone (my speculation only)
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

With Keefe now gone. That is 19 head coaching changes since the end of last season lol. That has to be some type of record.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

KG wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:06 pm With Keefe now gone. That is 19 head coaching changes since the end of last season lol. That has to be some type of record.
It's like musical chairs.
KBone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by KBone »

A huge question to me is what does Tampa, NYR, and Carolina PP do to be at the top of the Power Play list?

Tampa and Edmonton (#4) obviously have Kucherov and McDavid. Pens have TONS of talent too, but no success.

Study them and do it. It's a copycat league.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

KBone wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:08 pm A huge question to me is what does Tampa, NYR, and Carolina PP do to be at the top of the Power Play list?

Tampa and Edmonton (#4) obviously have Kucherov and McDavid. Pens have TONS of talent too, but no success.

Study them and do it. It's a copycat league.
To learn, a school room of children requires someone to teach them. To be successful, a roster of players requires a coach to teach them. This team is in need of some learning...
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ericf »

People, the Sullivan-Dubas bond has never been stronger, DK says, and thank god Sullivan is here to train our young players in how to play in the NHL…we are much better for it lol…it’s DK’s Friday Insider if you can bear to read it

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2024 ... ins-nhl-dk
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Pre-marriage, your lifetime partner to be, brings the younger brother along to concert's, camping trips, hockey games. Younger brother is always an a s s. Post marriage, younger brother is still invited by your partner to concert's ("don't worry, I know someone in security who will move us down to the front row"), camping ("don't worry, I will put up the family tent and have a roaring fire with the fish we caught ready before sundown"), hockey games ("don't worry, according to the guy outside in parking lot guaranteed that these tickets are right behind the other teams bench").

And then you were turned away from moving down to the front row; slept in the car and split saltine crackers and a pack of jerky --- somewhat equally; and found out that the tickets were for next week when the worst team in the league comes to town.

Failure upon failure upon failure... At some point, your partner needs a younger brother to cover the failures than being a lifetime partner to you, you make a decision to go solo for a time, or accept incompetence.

If these reports are true, that Dubas won't unhitch from Sully, accept incompetence, until they prove differently.

90 seconds after Sully is fired until he finds another head coaching job, according to some a hole media hack...

Start now..............
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

KG wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:39 pm
Like, who didn't see that coming?
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IntangibleBeer »

Ericf wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:01 pm People, the Sullivan-Dubas bond has never been stronger, DK says, and thank god Sullivan is here to train our young players in how to play in the NHL…we are much better for it lol…it’s DK’s Friday Insider if you can bear to read it

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2024 ... ins-nhl-dk
Yeah, that piece is real hard to get through. Total BS, total PR puffery.

“So who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes?” :roll:
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by BigMcK »

FLPensFan wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:44 pm
"Buy that man a drink, and get his dog one, too!"
👍👍👍
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Fixed it for you.