TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by PensFanInDC »

The 100 was just OK through most of the first season but MAN were those last 4 episodes incredible. The acting still isn't top notch but the story and plot twists are absolutely fantastic! If you want to check it out stick with it. It pays off BIG TIME at the end of season 1.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Peaky Blinders finale was superb. 2nd season really picked it up. Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy scenes are some of the best TV ever, they have such an intense dynamic between them.
Spoiler:
not real excited about getting more Grace next season
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Really liking the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. Excited it is already renewed for season two.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

eddysnake wrote:Peaky Blinders finale was superb. 2nd season really picked it up. Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy scenes are some of the best TV ever, they have such an intense dynamic between them.
Spoiler:
not real excited about getting more Grace next season
Spoiler:
I'm really hoping Grace just goes away. It was so much better with her gone.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Trying to watch CSI:Cyber but there is nothing likeable about the cast led by the emotionless Patricia Arquette.

Maybe they need time to develop that chemistry but it's really awkward now.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Patricia Arquette has a face that if it were acceptable, I would metaphorically like to punch it.*

*This is not a threat to Patricia Arquette or her family.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

I loved Patricia Arquette in True Romance. Everything's gone downhill since then.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

They made a new CSI?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Yep.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

obhave wrote:Really liking the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. Excited it is already renewed for season two.
I just watched the first couple episodes last night. It was kind of uneven for me. Some of the jokes were really funny, plenty of others just struck me as completely corny. I could, however, definitely see it getting better as it progresses and they get a better sense of what works and what doesn't (do Netflix shows work that way though, when they just release all the episodes at once?).
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

largegarlic wrote:
obhave wrote:Really liking the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. Excited it is already renewed for season two.
I just watched the first couple episodes last night. It was kind of uneven for me. Some of the jokes were really funny, plenty of others just struck me as completely corny. I could, however, definitely see it getting better as it progresses and they get a better sense of what works and what doesn't (do Netflix shows work that way though, when they just release all the episodes at once?).
It was originally set for an NBC show, and you get that feel. In season two when Tina fey has more room to play (being a fully Netflix show), I can see it just getting even better. Its takes some time for the supporting casts stories to form, but they become so much better once their stories develop.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

PensFanInDC wrote:They made a new CSI?
they had a back-door pilot in an episode of CSI last season, about a year ago. It was odd to say the least.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Grey's
Spoiler:
The absence of McDreamy continues, though with the promo for next week suggests that he might be seeing someone else in DC. Whether he is actually back or not, who knows.
Blacklist:
Spoiler:
Keen gets the grilling in a Judge's chambers. It was like a catch-up episode in many ways with lots of clips from previous episodes (as if she's thinking about it in her head)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PensFanInDC wrote:The 100 was just OK through most of the first season but MAN were those last 4 episodes incredible. The acting still isn't top notch but the story and plot twists are absolutely fantastic! If you want to check it out stick with it. It pays off BIG TIME at the end of season 1.
If you need to d/l season 2 episodes in HD off super fast servers, PM me.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt...did they create this show just for Ellie Kemper?
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

canaan wrote:Pocket listing
That one was awesome, as was Reignition Sequence the following week. Way better writing and action, plus the violence makes a huge difference.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Crankshaft wrote:Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt...did they create this show just for Ellie Kemper?
It was in fact written with her in mind.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Watched first 4 out of 6 episodes of the Jinx on HBO last night. It was very difficult to not watch the last 2. What a bizzare creepy story about Robert Durst. I see he was arrested for murder yesterday and I'm afraid to read anything about it until I see the last 2 episodes. I'm not sure if the show had anything to do with the arrest, but if the first 4 ep are any indication, I think it probably does. He is so strange when being interviewed. Definitely seek this out.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

eddysnake wrote:Watched first 4 out of 6 episodes of the Jinx on HBO last night. It was very difficult to not watch the last 2. What a bizzare creepy story about Robert Durst. I see he was arrested for murder yesterday and I'm afraid to read anything about it until I see the last 2 episodes. I'm not sure if the show had anything to do with the arrest, but if the first 4 ep are any indication, I think it probably does. He is so strange when being interviewed. Definitely seek this out.
Agreed and the ending is :thumb:, although I received a spoiler email about the arrest before watching last night. :pop:
Spoiler:
I have a hard time believing they didn't know about his "statement" at the end for two years.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

:pop:
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

finished 1st season of Star Wars Rebels. I think they may run into some issues if this takes place 4 years before Ep. 4, where are all these jedis and characters in ANH? I did enjoy the season and the tie ins with the first 6 movies.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Factorial wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Watched first 4 out of 6 episodes of the Jinx on HBO last night. It was very difficult to not watch the last 2. What a bizzare creepy story about Robert Durst. I see he was arrested for murder yesterday and I'm afraid to read anything about it until I see the last 2 episodes. I'm not sure if the show had anything to do with the arrest, but if the first 4 ep are any indication, I think it probably does. He is so strange when being interviewed. Definitely seek this out.
Agreed and the ending is :thumb:, although I received a spoiler email about the arrest before watching last night. :pop:
Spoiler:
I have a hard time believing they didn't know about his "statement" at the end for two years.
it plays like a David Fincher movie, can't wait to finish it tonight. so hard to click that spoiler button or read anything about him today
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

eddysnake wrote:
Factorial wrote:
Spoiler:
it plays like a David Fincher movie, can't wait to finish it tonight. so hard to click that spoiler button or read anything about him today
I did the same thing - watched the first 5 eps yesterday and finished it today. It's absolutely amazing. Finish it as soon as you can because the most important part is being mentioned in a lot of headlines today.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

I saw a headline with a quote, pretty much what I figured, still looking forward to finishing it
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Hockeynut! wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
Factorial wrote:
Spoiler:
I did the same thing - watched the first 5 eps yesterday and finished it today. It's absolutely amazing. Finish it as soon as you can because the most important part is being mentioned in a lot of headlines today.
finished it last night:
Spoiler:
interesting to read this morning that the 2nd interview actually took place a year before his last arrest for hanging around his brothers house, but I guess that's all part of film making. If I read this correctly, it sounds like they actually discovered the recordings of Bob in the bathroom, just months ago in which they turned it over to the police. Is it strange that they just arrested him on Sunday before the finale aired? Were they looking for more evidence and worried he would run if he saw the finale?