TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I watched the first two episodes of the Kimmie show.

I thought she was funny, but I'm getting tired of the NYC centric shows. All these NYC elements are self evident at this point, putting a naive adult in NYC to experience the greatest city on earth is lame.
yes, everyone knows Pittsburgh is the greatest city on earth (just not the happiest). They make all these movies here, why not a tv show?
Hah, really. I'm just getting sick of the NYC setting character. You'd think after Seinfield, 30 Rock, Girls and Sex and the City (off the top of my head), we'd be over that theme.
Seinfeld and 30 Rock were just set in NYC, but that didn't have much to do with what they were about. They could have been set in any city.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

eddysnake wrote:

I thought she was funny, but I'm getting tired of the NYC centric shows. All these NYC elements are self evident at this point, putting a naive adult in NYC to experience the greatest city on earth is lame.
yes, everyone knows Pittsburgh is the greatest city on earth (just not the happiest). They make all these movies here, why not a tv show?

Godfather of Pittsburgh is one I can think of
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

One Big Happy wasn't that great IMO, but Kelly Brook is still hot.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Jofa Guy wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

Godfather of Pittsburgh is one I can think of
Mr. Bevedere was set there. :lol: :face:
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

Hah, really. I'm just getting sick of the NYC setting character. You'd think after Seinfield, 30 Rock, Girls and Sex and the City (off the top of my head), we'd be over that theme.
Seinfeld and 30 Rock were just set in NYC, but that didn't have much to do with what they were about. They could have been set in any city.
But 30 Rock is the name of the building in NYC... :pop:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Through 4 episodes of The Jinx.

My Lord...what a documentary. Dude is either guilty as sin or the most unlucky man in history.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

Could anybody think Seinfeld could be set in a different city though? Big fan of the show, but the characters resemble a great impression of nyers (I know jerry is from there)

Say it was set in Chicago or pittsburgh, would you think they would get different actors? It's be hard to replace Jason
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I think NYC is essential for 30 Rock, Seinfeld and Sex and the City. The setting is a huge part of those shows. It's when you get to stuff like Girls and Unbreakable Kimmie. These shows are glamorizing crappier realities of new york. that brooklyn is filled with a bunch of lazy trust fund babies and those rich families in new york are basically the worst people ever. Maybe Kimmie gets better, but if 50% of the show is her being the nanny at that house...no thanks.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

Troy Loney wrote:I think NYC is essential for 30 Rock, Seinfeld and Sex and the City. The setting is a huge part of those shows. It's when you get to stuff like Girls and Unbreakable Kimmie. These shows are glamorizing crappier realities of new york. that brooklyn is filled with a bunch of lazy trust fund babies and those rich families in new york are basically the worst people ever. Maybe Kimmie gets better, but if 50% of the show is her being the nanny at that house...no thanks.
Couldn't agree more. Seinfeld make me think of all the wacky and good people living in ny, even though I started watching it in 2006.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkZlmg-dFfE[/youtube]
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

NYC is almost as important character as the four lead actors in Sex in the City.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:NYC is almost as important character as the four lead actors in Sex in the City.
Chris Noth, David Eigenberg, Kyle MacLachlan, and John Corbett?
Beech_is_God
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Beech_is_God »

eddysnake wrote: that is definitely creepy, I've found myself become somewhat obsessed with his recent arrest. This guy is so bizarre. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but after watching the documentary, I do find him somewhat likable. Anyone else get that? I don't feel bad for him or anything like that, but there is some strange likableness (is that a word?) to him...
Don't worry, I felt the same way. He's this frail old man that it just doesn't seem like something he could/would do. But this did happen 15-20 years ago, so he wasn't the same as he is now. It's crazy to me how he pretty much committed the perfect murder three times, and actually, in the case of his wife, he did. If it wasn't for the other two murders and just general suspicion around "the husband did it," you couldn't pin it on him.

I know psychopaths/sociopaths (what's the difference?) are like this, but it was so creepy to me in the last episode how he sat there and lied like it was nothing when he was presented with the evidence! Not really a spoiler, but just in case..
Spoiler:
"I wrote this one, but I didn't write this one." What?! You didn't have to be an expert to see they were written by the same person. I did love how he couldn't pick out which one he did write when it was just the two samples.
I wonder if that one male juror they interviewed from the Morris Black trial has changed his tune since then after seeing the show.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I thought he was amusing at times and yeah, weirdly likeable, but I don't doubt for a second he could and would kill someone again if they backed him into a corner. I wonder how much of his frailty is an act. He isn't that old. I would be surprised if he's trying to come off more feeble than he is in reality. He bought his way out of the TX murder. It'll be really interesting to see if he can do it again.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes of yahoo's community. Glad it's back
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

- Amazon had renewed "Bosch" for a second season.
- Casting announcements have started coming out for AMC's Preacher, with Ruth Negga (Agents of Shield) cast as Tulip and Ian Colletti (Rake) as Arseface. Negga's real life boyfriend Dominic Cooper is apparently the front runner to be Jesse Custer.

Still looking forward to this, but definitely have some growing concerns. The character description for Tulip is a pretty stark contrast to the comic version of Tulip and making her not white (which I usually wouldn't care about) has some pretty significant thematic and story implications. Guess we'll see how it plays out.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

eddysnake wrote:Enjoyed the first 2 episodes of yahoo's community. Glad it's back
I had no idea it had returned. I wish it was on something other than internet TV because I'll probably forget to watch it. If it was on my DVR, I'd have a better chance of remembering about it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Vikings has been really good this season.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:Vikings has been really good this season.
Ya think so? I've felt it's gotten a little too weird. Especially the stuff back in Scandinavia.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Has anyone been watching Vince Gilligan's new show "Battle Creek" on CBS?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Enjoyed the first 2 episodes of yahoo's community. Glad it's back
I had no idea it had returned. I wish it was on something other than internet TV because I'll probably forget to watch it. If it was on my DVR, I'd have a better chance of remembering about it.

I watched it on my roku box last night. No issues.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Vikings has been really good this season.
Ya think so? I've felt it's gotten a little too weird. Especially the stuff back in Scandinavia.
They've had mystical things every season. I like that traveler. Will be interesting.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Its not about the mystical things. The seer dude is always interesting. The way they have been playing things out this year is kinda meh to me. I used to want nothing but action in England but now I just want them to go home...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:Its not about the mystical things. The seer dude is always interesting. The way they have been playing things out this year is kinda meh to me. I used to want nothing but action in England but now I just want them to go home...
Did you watch last night's episode?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Not yet. Honestly I didn't know it was on Thursdays. I've been watching them on Monday.