big-timing the old board :)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

big-timing the old board :)

Post by penny lane »

just wondering if down the road there may be a link to the old board...it was
like a player trade...just gone, no fanfare, no salute , no thanks...gone! :( :o
Admin
Site Admin

Re: big-timing the old board :)

Post by Admin »

penny lane wrote:just wondering if down the road there may be a link to the old board...it was
like a player trade...just gone, no fanfare, no salute , no thanks...gone! :( :o
The old board wanted it that way. It's quietly resting after years of hard work.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

It is funny how quickly this new setup took over.

Admin, I was thinking about this the other night, how you have tried several different "new" forums over the years and nothing ever flew. We always stayed with the old one. I wonder, what was different this time? This new forum took off so fast, you never really had a chance to second guess it.

The old board will be missed greatly. It kinda became my home on the net. Now, we just moved into a bigger, more afluent neighborhood.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Pitts wrote:Admin, I was thinking about this the other night, how you have tried several different "new" forums over the years and nothing ever flew. We always stayed with the old one. I wonder, what was different this time?
I flirted using this forum in the past but never got off my butt since the old board was still acceptable. Lately, there have been problems that this board hopefully will be able to deal with better than the old one. :wink:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Admin wrote:I flirted using this forum in the past but never got off my butt since the old board was still acceptable. Lately, there have been problems that this board hopefully will be able to deal with better than the old one. :wink:
Your effort is very much appreciated. LGP has been the best place for Pens discussion on the web, bar none. And the new format will only further cement that status. Thanks again.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

relantel wrote:Your effort is very much appreciated. LGP has been the best place for Pens discussion on the web, bar none. And the new format will only further cement that status. Thanks again.
Very nice of you to say (...but yes, you will need to pay the about-to-go-through-the-roof new posting fee). :P
AussiePenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by AussiePenguin »

Just had my first peruse thru the new board :D Well done, i like it.... :D ....tho i will miss scanning down the board looking at the funny quotes made by some of you :D

...Aussie Penguin...formally Aussie82 :D....new board, new name.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

relantel wrote:
Admin wrote:I flirted using this forum in the past but never got off my butt since the old board was still acceptable. Lately, there have been problems that this board hopefully will be able to deal with better than the old one. :wink:
I will adapt to the new format. I understand the reasoning behind the change and also appreciate your hard efforts over the years.
SirSidTheKid

Post by SirSidTheKid »

I love this new board.. About 2 months ago my buddy introduced me to the LGP forum, and i just could not get the understanding of how the heck to use the thing.. ( pretty good for someone studying computer forensics ) lol... but this setup is a cake walk to get going.. love the new board.. thanks admin!!!
saba

Pics section

Post by saba »

Any chance we will see a section for pics of pens playing out in the community or board members playing hockey?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Pics section

Post by netwolf »

saba wrote:Any chance we will see a section for pics of pens playing out in the community or board members playing hockey?
Doubt it on the second half. Doesn't seem to be enough interest. We used to have an annual ice pickup game around Christmas that hasn't happened in two year due to lack of interest. I tried to get an inline pickup game between the boardies here and the boardies pver at pittsburghpenguins.com and we had maybe 5 or 6 vs their 12-15.

I know there are more people that play locally, but at least at the time no one seemed interested.

I have always wanted to get a team together and call it the LetsGoPens.com Gorillas though. :wink:
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

Very nice of you to say (...but yes, you will need to pay the about-to-go-through-the-roof new posting fee). :P
Gulp! What's going to happen here? You're going to wait until we're really addicted, aren't you, & then play with us like hockey whor...ooops, new board. :D

I found a couple of good smilies for naughty posters, if you want to use them.

[Removed by Admin. LGK doesn't allow hot-linking.]

and...

What do you think?

I just want to add that I too, appreciate all your work at getting a new home for us all, RJ. You're such a stella fella!
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jerez »

Ginger wrote:
I found a couple of good smilies for naughty posters, if you want to use them.

and...

What do you think?

I just want to add that I too, appreciate all your work at getting a new home for us all, RJ. You're such a stella fella!
Um, Ginger, are you sure?

(You might want to check out the source of your smilies......)
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

Um, Ginger, are you sure?

(You might want to check out the source of your smilies......)
Yup, I know where I got 'em...LA Kings board. I do that a lot...go around stealing the best stuff they have on boards. And believe me, smilies are the best the Kings have on their board. :D
Visiting other boards also gets me insight into how they feel about the Pens. Just in case I want to go to a game or two in their ice hut.
Stevens25

Post by Stevens25 »

I like this new board alot,but it was sad to see the old one go. Overall,I think this new one is just great. I wish we could have avatars though.
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jerez »

Ginger wrote: Yup, I know where I got 'em...LA Kings board. I do that a lot...go around stealing the best stuff they have on boards. And believe me, smilies are the best the Kings have on their board. :D
But are these showing up as blue placards about you considering some kind of operation, on your screen???
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Jerez wrote:But are these showing up as blue placards about you considering some kind of operation, on your screen???
Yes. :lol:

LGK prevents hot-linking to discourage bandwidth theft. I'm going to edit those images out.