Kovalchuk finally caught with his hand in the cookie jar...

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Kovalchuk finally caught with his hand in the cookie jar...

Post by Stoosh »

Just watching the highlights of their game tonight with Buffalo and Kovalchuk got caught using the good old "Third Period Stick".

Kudos and plaudets to Lindy Ruff for calling him on it. I guess they couldn't get it to the trainer quick enough this time.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

about time!

But he will have another illegal one next game, doesnt matter one bit.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

ah, but it only helped the Sabres salt away the game, as they already led 4-2 when the stick was challenged. sabres scored after the penalty had expired to make it 5-2.

Anyone know if there are futher penalties for such an infraction other than the two minutes, such as a fine? There were rumors of fines being levied against divers this year, and late fighters, and it would stand to reason having an illegal stick should carry one as well.

Didn't Jagr get caught for one in a playoff series for us one year, that the other team scored on the resulting powerplay?
puckad

Post by puckad »

Nice call by Buffalo. Nice five game goal drought by Kovalchuk.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

relantel wrote:Didn't Jagr get caught for one in a playoff series for us one year, that the other team scored on the resulting powerplay?
Hmm... wasn't that in the series vs. the Devils in the year Mario took off? If I remember correctly, Jagr's stick had broken, and one of the Devils carried his stick blade to the bench... after a really long time, the refs gave him a penalty and the devils guy unsportsmanlike. or something like that.

I also remember that for the game where we had about 8 chances to take a lead early, but couldn't, including Luc Robitaille somehow hitting BOTH posts on a shot.