TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: TV Shows

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

This sounds interesting:
Showtime has given a 12-episode series order to high-finance drama “Billions,” starring Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti.

Series revolves around politics and power in the world of Wall Street and New York investment firms. “Billions” was created by screenwriters Brian Koppleman and David Levien and author/New York Times columnist Andrew Ross Sorkin, who all exec produce.

Production is set to begin later this year in New York for a 2016 debut.

Giamatti plays a hard-driving U.S. attorney who clashes with a hedge fund titan played by Lewis. Maggie Siff, Malin Akerman, Toby Leonard Moore, David Costabile and Condola Rashad also star. The pilot was helmed by Neil Burger, who is also an exec producer.
Great casting, especially the two leads.
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/billion ... 201459004/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

The X-Files returning to Fox for a 6 episode run.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/24/x-files-return
Carter’s “six stories” comment seems to suggest the series will embrace the show’s original format of focusing on stand-alone mysteries rather than delving into the serialized alien conspiracy mythology that dominated some of the show’s episodes and its first feature film.
Which to me is stupid. If these 6 episodes were used to provide closure to the alien conspiracy storyline then I would actually have the proper motivation to watch the entire series on Netflix.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Dickie Dunn wrote:The X-Files returning to Fox for a 6 episode run.

Carter’s “six stories” comment seems to suggest the series will embrace the show’s original format of focusing on stand-alone mysteries rather than delving into the serialized alien conspiracy mythology that dominated some of the show’s episodes and its first feature film.
Which to me is stupid. If these 6 episodes were used to provide closure to the alien conspiracy storyline then I would actually have the proper motivation to watch the entire series on Netflix.
exactly. that really doesn't make much sense doing 6 stand alone episodes?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Dickie Dunn wrote:The X-Files returning to Fox for a 6 episode run.

We started watching X-Files a little while ago and stopped about 15 episodes in when I found out the series had no real ending. I'm not going to invest 10+ seasons if there isn't an ending. I agree, if these 6 gave closure I would pick up with episode 16 this evening. Alas...I'll keep watching Supernatural...
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Justified has been fantastic this season. Final 3 should be great.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Caught up on Gotham yesterday, and finally got into the last couple of Arrow eps, which I suppose I'll save for the Arrow thread. Gotham at least - does anyone else wonder why the Bruce Wayne side of it is so much of an afterthought some episodes, yet dominant in others?
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malkinshair »

Watched the first 3 episodes of House of Cards last night on Netflix. Wow is Spacey good! I love the premise of the show, and the acting seems pretty solid.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

anyone watch Banshee on Cinemax? just got through the firs three seasons last week. probably the best action oriented show on tv, fun and completely ridiculous sometimes. they have moved the show's production to be filmed in Pittsburgh as well going forward.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Justified has been fantastic this season. Final 3 should be great.
:thumb:
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

tonight's premier or Louie was just brilliant. hilarious episode.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Loving Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix. Not that I'm surprised, Netflix has a really good track record with their original content. I can't wait for that distribution style to become the norm and broadcast TV becoming phased out.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

tfrizz wrote:Loving Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix. Not that I'm surprised, Netflix has a really good track record with their original content. I can't wait for that distribution style to become the norm and broadcast TV becoming phased out.
Next on the list. Hated the movie, hearing such great things about this series. Previews look amazing.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Documentary of My Lai on American Experience, PBS.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

dagny wrote:
tfrizz wrote:Loving Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix. Not that I'm surprised, Netflix has a really good track record with their original content. I can't wait for that distribution style to become the norm and broadcast TV becoming phased out.
Next on the list. Hated the movie, hearing such great things about this series. Previews look amazing.
The series will make you forget all about the terrible movie.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Anyone watch Orphan Black on BBC America? The third season opener was pretty solid.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

Admin wrote:Anyone watch Orphan Black on BBC America? The third season opener was pretty solid.
yep. it's been so long since last season though that I was lost about half of the time.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

tfrizz wrote:
dagny wrote:
The series will make you forget all about the terrible movie.
As a side note, Daredevil has been picked up for a second season on Netflix.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Admin wrote:Anyone watch Orphan Black on BBC America? The third season opener was pretty solid.
Yes! Love this show!

I haven't watched this season's premiere yet. :scared:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

shoeshine boy wrote:
yep. it's been so long since last season though that I was lost about half of the time.
Same here. I kept asking my wife who is good and who is evil.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Well, helloooooo Captain Poldark.

Went to La-Z-Boy today for a fainting couch. No luck.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Person of Interest.... :cry: