WB/S wins 6-2 in Hershey, undefeated (9-0)

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

WB/S wins 6-2 in Hershey, undefeated (9-0)

Post by WWGRD »

Player of the game was Chris Conner with 2 goals and 1 helper.
There isn't one weak link on this team.
Haddad and Petersen are tearing up Wheeling right now too.

Recap with video highlights on Wilkesblog:
http://thepensblog.com/wilkes/wbs/meltd ... s-win.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
praxitas
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: WB/S wins 6-2 in Hershey, undefeated (9-0)

Post by praxitas »

I was at the game and it was a complete change from last season. Last year Hershey dominated, but they were completely overmatched by the baby pens tonight. The team in general had pretty good puck possession and passing game. I would say it was a team win, but Conner, Tangradi and especially Veilleux stood out the most. On Tangradi's good Veilleux showed real good hands going around a Hershey defender to get a shot on net and Tangradi scored on an easy rebound. He showed nice patience with the puck all game. I'll tell ya both Tranradi and Veilleux looked like men amongst boys. They were easily the biggest boys on the ice. I think Connor could probably skate between their legs if he wanted to. Connor had a nice breakaway goal and slipped a backhander under Dany Sabourin. Hershey pulled him after giving up 3 goals on 7 shots. Strait had a pretty solid game on the back end as he's typically pretty consistent in the games I've seen him. This was the first I've gotten to see Sneep. He's a pretty big kid, but you can tell this is his first pro year. Not saying that negatively, but he seemed out of place at different points of the game, I'm sure that will come with more experience. Again great overall team game tonight, I have tix to most of the bears - pens games this year since I live 5 minutes outside Hershey.
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by K2 »

Beast Mode to Big Dog :thumb:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

This team is amazing this year. Hopefully they can keep it up for 82 games! (or however many they play, not sure the number)
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

KV playing well and standing out is AWESOME news. If he puts it all together he could be a beast.