Dave Hanson Bobblehead Night - December 11th

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Dave Hanson Bobblehead Night - December 11th

Post by JS© »

Not sure who is in or near Johnstown and goes to the Nailers games, but there's a Dave Hanson bobblehead giveaway this weekend. As far as I know, it's only the second bobblehead given away at a Johnstown game.

http://tribune-democrat.com/localsports ... -Johnstown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hanson played for the Johnstown Jets and was on the NAHL Lockhart Cup-winning team in 1974-75. A fan favorite known for his tough, physical play, Hanson has fond memories of Johnstown and the War Memorial. Of course, “Killer” became a movie star in the city, too. He played the perfect role – Dave “Killer” Hanson – in the Paul Newman movie “Slap Shot” filmed in Johnstown in 1976.

“I started my career in Johnstown. During my time here, Johnstown was the best place to play hockey,” said Hanson, now a Pittsburgh resident. “It was stompin’ and rompin’ in the stands when we played hockey, and we were stompin’ and rompin’ on the ice.”

The Hanson bobblehead promotion will be part of a Dec. 11 game against the Gwinnett Gladiators. Brooks said Hanson will wear a Jets jersey on the bobblehead.

“I’m thrilled,” Hanson said. “When I played they had a Dave ‘Killer’ Hanson fan club and I had my own mug. Now I’ll have my own bobblehead. Life doesn’t get any better.”