LGP forum on iPhone / Android / Blackberry

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

LGP forum on iPhone / Android / Blackberry

Post by socket »

I run a few forums and it was requested that I install tapatalk support for mobile forum browsing. I gladly installed it as it only took a few seconds. It really makes mobile reading and posting WAY better. The viewer isn't free but is well worth the $3. Any chance we can pressure Admin to install support? I mean, the app even supports ads, so it's not like he'd lose the page impressions for the ads.

http://tapatalk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The webpage only shows support for iPhone (Which I use constantly) and Android but I was recently using the Beta client for BlackBerry and it works OK. Anyone else use it? If so, request that Admin install it!
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: LGP forum on iPhone / Android / Blackberry

Post by mac5155 »

this is intriguing. Who will move first though? :pop:

i would probably try it but i dont mind the newer mobile theme.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I asked about mobile app access about 6 weeks ago in the test forum and there was no response. :pop:
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Be a green guy first then ask for this :D
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by socket »

I don't even know what that means, I read a lot, I am not my post count. Man this place is harsh.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

socket wrote:I don't even know what that means, I read a lot, I am not my post count. Man this place is harsh.
He was referring to donating to the board.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Once I get a smartphone this month I will check this out. I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of LGP posting from my phone.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

socket wrote:I don't even know what that means, I read a lot, I am not my post count. Man this place is harsh.
Harsh? Are you serious man? Saying, "I read alot, I am not my post count" might carry a little more weight if you hadn't just completely shot a hole in it by proving you haven't even read either of the Admin's stickies. If you had read them (which coming from a guy that runs a few forums, I would expect) you would have seen that site supporters are green. Try reading this before asking for ****.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Also, I wasn't being harsh at all in the first post :D
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

The OP came off a lot like trying to sell the tapatalk thing to the board. If that wasn't his intention, mahalo, but that reads like an infomercial. I remember socket posting and I know that he isn't just spamming, but this is definitely a weird post.
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by socket »

I'm sure I read through the stickies 5 years ago when I joined this iteration of the board. It doesn't mean I memorized them. Jesus.

I'm not trying to sell sh*t, I just think it's an awesome app that a lot of people would appreciate - it's FREE for the ones who run the board and the BlackBerry viewer is also free. I even mentioned how they can advertise on it still!!!!! I posted it here because any time I've PM'd Admin and even a mod or two over the years they are marked as read but simply ignored. I am not a big contributor to discussion so I never really deemed it necessary to ask until recently. I was thinking maybe I'd come to the site more if it would work with the app I browse EVERY other forum I read with.

I am one to donate to a good cause, the problem is, every time I think this board is worth anything the million post club makes me feel unwelcome.

Forget I brought it up. Feel free to delete this thread. I know it happens here enough anyway!
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Sheesh guys, lol. Cut the man a break
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

used tapatalk before and absolutely hate it. i have no idea if you have a decent sized screen like an evo or droid x why you would ever need to use it
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

socket wrote:I'm sure I read through the stickies 5 years ago when I joined this iteration of the board. It doesn't mean I memorized them. Jesus.
I'm not trying to sell sh*t, I just think it's an awesome app that a lot of people would appreciate - it's FREE for the ones who run the board and the BlackBerry viewer is also free. I even mentioned how they can advertise on it still!!!!! I posted it here because any time I've PM'd Admin and even a mod or two over the years they are marked as read but simply ignored. I am not a big contributor to discussion so I never really deemed it necessary to ask until recently. I was thinking maybe I'd come to the site more if it would work with the app I browse EVERY other forum I read with.

I am one to donate to a good cause, the problem is, every time I think this board is worth anything the million post club makes me feel unwelcome.

Forget I brought it up. Feel free to delete this thread. I know it happens here enough anyway!
Juice
AHL'er

Boo hoo, the 1.69 post per day million post club was mean to me. It was meant as a light-hearted jab (hence the big smiley face) at you that you came in and sked for the Administrator of the site to do something and weren't a "supporter" of the site. Don't blame not donating on someone else.

Get over it ya pansy.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I don't even know what is wrong with the forum as is on mobile devices. My only complaint is if I quote someone's post, I can scroll down within the box to post below it. Other than that, it's fine.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

shafnutz05 wrote:I don't even know what is wrong with the forum as is on mobile devices. My only complaint is if I quote someone's post, I can scroll down within the box to post below it. Other than that, it's fine.
do u use the newer mobile theme? if you move the cursor to the text box then hold down your finger it will scroll.. not ridiculously fast but it still does it.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I don't even know what is wrong with the forum as is on mobile devices. My only complaint is if I quote someone's post, I can scroll down within the box to post below it. Other than that, it's fine.
do u use the newer mobile theme? if you move the cursor to the text box then hold down your finger it will scroll.. not ridiculously fast but it still does it.
Hmm I'll have to try this, I do use the newer theme.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

when the cursor is there to type hold down your finger and drag.. it starts out slow but gets quick.
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by socket »

Juice, alright, the post count thing was me just being off base because mac was the one being cool here. I've just had trouble here and place like this with the whole clique mentality, and generally the people who shoot people down and tend to scream "noob" and "read the stickies" are people with a lot of posts. Is it wrong of me to think that having a special designation for those who have donated screams elitism? But whatever, like I said, forget I brought it up. I didn't realize I couldn't simply see if anyone else here used the thing and if so have them help my cause without such a negative response. It's not like I demanded anything, I was asking for support if there was any to be had. All you had to say was "I've never used it."

ANYWAY......

I like the mobile theme a lot actually, I was just looking for another option.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I got your back Socket....Juice commits a lot of minor penalties and is known to cause locker room discord for LGPGC.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

lol
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Socket this wasn't a clique attack. BCS, Pittsports87, and Doc didn't even post in here. What are you talking about?
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by socket »

I know that's what I was saying... I've just seen it so much I just tend to expect it. I mentioned the clique thing in describing how I was off base. And lol at your list.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Hey Socket,

You should try posting these kind of board suggestions in the Test forum. That's were Admin reads and responds to most of the suggestions regarding the coding and such on the board. You might have better luck there, just seeing if Tapatalk is a reality.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Since people seem to be so :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: about the OP, please bother to read what he is asking about.

It's a FREE plugin that message board owners can use to enable mobile device access for their forum:
http://tapatalk.com/plugin.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW, did I mention that it's FREE?

The $3 is if you choose to purchase the app, that enables you to take advantage of that type of access to a board.
Last edited by columbia on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.