WBS - Can't Score

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

WBS - Can't Score

Post by Penspal »

I read JB's column's in the Citizen's Voice about the Baby Pens. A very streaky team this year. Right now, they can't score. They've got it real bad. When you take away Tangradi, Bennett and add a few injuries, it spells trouble. Just how deep are the Pens at the forward position when you consider the WBS situation?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: WBS - Can't Score

Post by tfrizz »

Penspal wrote:I read JB's column's in the Citizen's Voice about the Baby Pens. A very streaky team this year. Right now, they can't score. They've got it real bad. When you take away Tangradi, Bennett and add a few injuries, it spells trouble. Just how deep are the Pens at the forward position when you consider the WBS situation?
They aren't. There's absolutely no forward depth in the organization.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

No one thought there was any depth at forward in the Pens system.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

We really screw'd F wise on WBS. No depth,no scoring.. Really poor!
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Penspal »

Pens4Life wrote:We really screw'd F wise on WBS. No depth,no scoring.. Really poor!
Kolarik came over in the minor league swap with the Rangers. He's been scoring a little, curious as to what he could do with skill players.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Went to the game on Saturday night. Great depth on D, bunch of nobodies at forward.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Pens4Life wrote:We really screw'd F wise on WBS. No depth,no scoring.. Really poor!
As I had been saying about Tangradi, there was a very clear reason they weren't willing to risk him on waivers. With the complete absence of forward depth in WBS, they had to get something in return if they were going to lose/move him. A 7th rounder is still better than nothing at all.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

tfrizz wrote:
As I had been saying about Tangradi, there was a very clear reason they weren't willing to risk him on waivers. With the complete absence of forward depth in WBS, they had to get something in return if they were going to lose/move him. A 7th rounder is still better than nothing at all...which is better than Tangradi.
:pop:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Idoit40fans wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
As I had been saying about Tangradi, there was a very clear reason they weren't willing to risk him on waivers. With the complete absence of forward depth in WBS, they had to get something in return if they were going to lose/move him. A 7th rounder is still better than nothing at all...which is better than Tangradi.
I don't know about that. Many 7th round picks are an extreme longshot to even make it to pro hockey let alone have any impact. It's about as close as you can get to nothing while still getting something in return. (1/1000000 > 0)
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

tfrizz wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
I don't know about that. Many 7th round picks are an extreme longshot to even make it to pro hockey let alone have any impact. It's about as close as you can get to nothing while still getting something in return. (1/1000000 > Tangradi)
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I actually started at 2008 and went back to 2004. There are pretty meaningful players drafted in the 7th round from every season. I think 2004 was the last year of 9 round drafts, and you can find a lot of people 7 and below that contribute from that draft. I'd say the odds are a whole lot better than 1/1000000. More around 1/100 or better.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Idoit40fans wrote:I actually started at 2008 and went back to 2004. There are pretty meaningful players drafted in the 7th round from every season. I think 2004 was the last year of 9 round drafts, and you can find a lot of people 7 and below that contribute from that draft. I'd say the odds are a whole lot better than 1/1000000. More around 1/100 or better.
I have no doubt the odds are better than that, I just used that to say that a one-in-a-million chance is better than none.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

How has zatkoff been playing?