Clue Warz Wrap Up Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Clue Warz Wrap Up Thread

Post by PensFanInDC »

Baddies win with 3 total players remaining and a night phase coming up with no kill for the good guys left.

RED PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

You are terrible dinner guests.

Zarovich:
You are Ms. Scarlet. Which makes you a whore. It also means you can wiggle your pretty little tush out of a tight spot. The first time you are lynched in a day phase you will not die.

MRandall25:
You are Ms. Peacock. You accept used greenbacks from under men's room doors in exchange for your husband's vote. Which also makes you a whore. It also means that if the Seer investigates you it will appear as if you're just a regular dinner guest.

dodint:
You are Col. Mustard. You sold US military radio parts on the black market for a profit. **** you. It also means you have resources. You can see any player in exchange for the red's kill that phase.

You get 1 action per night.

Good Luck
Green PMs (lost NAN's PM)

To WK:
Good Morning Agent Green,

You are the Angel. As the FBI's plant for this operation you will be reporting all activities this evening to Director Hoover after the conclusion of the evening. The story we have prepared as your cover is that you are being blackmailed because you are a homosexual in 1954. Your mission is to protect the a guest each night until backup arrives. You get 1 protect per night but you may not protect the same person 2 nights in a row. Good luck.
To Cbear3:
Dear Prof. Plum,

You know that thing that doctor's aren't supposed to do with their patients? Well, you did it and lost your license to practice psychology. In spite of that you are still an educated man and have an innate ability to read people. That is why you are the Seer. You get 1 see per night. Happy hunting and keep your hands off your patients. I mean come on man...
Screen shot of all actions that took place during the game:

(Spoilered due to size. You will have to open in a new tab to see the entire picture)
Spoiler:
Here are all the PMs that were sent during the paired up day phase:

Dodint/MWB
1. Dodint - Any ideas, chap? No one has voted yet so we can open the floor. Could be an opportunity. You see, like the Mounties. We always get our man!
2. MWB – Mr25 would be my vote. He's playing quite differently, just not sure why.
3. Dodint - Sick burn man, that hurts my heart that you'd want to vote for me. I have half a mind to stalemate and logjam this thing.
4. Dodint - MR25 is fine if you want. I think he's trying to be less obnoxious but is just looking more guilty because of it. Might take a few games for it to take effect. If I had to pick someone on my own it would probably be teib or CBear3, but I'll go with whatever you want.
5. MWB - I think you're probably right about mr25, but don't have a read on anyone else.
Zaro/Hockeynut!
1. Zaro - Hey there! Got any thoughts on who to vote for?
2. Hoeckeynut! - I really don't have any leads. I don't think anyone's done anything overtly suspicious. If I'd toss out a vote, I might go with MRandall but it's a shot in the dark (hey, that's a movie too...) ;)
3. Zaro - I don't either. One thing I am curious about is if nan is the vig and voted for c2i, why wouldn't nan shoot c2i? Then c2i trying to get the seer to come forward with the angel dead could be a red move.
4. Zaro - Looks like the vote is headed towards dodint. You ok with that?
5. Hockeynut - Sorry, just got back from a shoot. Is there still voting going on or is it decided? I'm going to skim the thread. Any reasoning for dodint?
6. Zaro - There was a decent push for dodint at the start, now c2i and mr25 have votes. I think the mr25 vote is because MWB wants to vote dodint but dodint isn't going to self vote. Nan and bigmck are voting c2i. Kind of split atm...I am not sure on this c2i/nan thing and you said mr25 as a shot in the dark initially so I don't see any one way to go 100%. I have a vote on dodint now but would move it if something looks better.
7. Hockeynut! - Want to go for MRandall? I'm leaning in that direction right now.
8. Zaro - That creates a tie in the vote. Is that something we want to do?
9. Hockeynut! - I think we may as well. Plus there are some other pairs that need to vote.
10. Zaro - Bigmck voted c2i and nan hasn't finalized the vote. We are the only vote left.
11. Hockeynut! - I suppose I'll go dodint. If he ends up being a good guy though, I'm going to think you're bad. ;) (this made me laugh…)*
* this is a note I added because, well, it made me laugh...

Cbear/MRandall
1. Cbear - I figure the game has 20 players, which means there's probably three reds. I have a list of 7 people I'm suspicious of. Sure its half the game, but it increases our odds of hitting a red to 42%:
dodint
ulf
SDD
Zaro
MWB
BigMcK
Hockeynut!
c2i
I wouldn't tell you this if I thought you might be on it.
2. MR25 - Sorry for the "late" reply. On mobile, can't get to my computer, and am trying to make heads and tails of this while swapping between windows to read what you said and respond to it. I think dodint's a fairly good choice. He's been playing oddly, and he was playing this way last game (and he turned up red). On that list, Hockey nut might be my 2nd guess, but if I had to choose between him and dodint, I'd choose dodint.
SDD/TEIB
1. SDD - I'm thinking that cbear would be a good choice, but I really don't have a bead on anyone really. My reasoning for cbear is that he is the only one remaining who voted no to add ulf, and I would guess that at least one red is left.
2. TEIB - I could be fine with cbear, I get what you're saying about NAN and my point was that we don't know if the rule about a red killing the vig and dying is in play for this game so they may be trying to avoid him. I thought BigMcK's vote on me just following along was weird too but that almost seems to dumb to be a red move. What happened with ulf? I think I missed it.
3. SDD - I guess he missed the sign up and wanted to join the game, so PFIDC asked everyone if we wanted to have him added. We had to vote Yes or No in the game thread. So our vote is for cbear?
4. TEIB - I don't really like that reasoning for Cbear. I think NAN is suspicious-ish, BigMcK and dodint. It looks like dodint is already getting votes though so he might get killed regardless. I think we vote someone to get people to talk more and explore voting patterns to help find reds, voting for dodint might not be that. Ultimately I'm really lost on this game as you can see from this rambling. I guess Cbear is fine with me.
5. TEIB - This dodint and MWB thing is suspicious too. I think one of them is red. Thoughts? Also Im unavailable after 3 so if I don't get any response back we may not get a vote in.
6. SDD - I think you're right and I'd wager more on MWB. At this point I really have no idea who is red so I'm fine with not putting in a vote.
7. TEIB - I think we look bad if we don't vote, lets go with MWB then since if dodint has more votes he's out anyways
8. SDD - Fine with me.
This has been my favorite game to mod and I would like to do it again sometime. Any feedback is wanted and appreciated. I'm hoping the next game gets even better with more twists and this can become a second fiddle to Jellyfish Warz in terms of popularity.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Clue Warz Wrap Up Thread

Post by PensFanInDC »

dodint wrote:Each Red had a special skill, his happened to be anti-see.

I had a See but never got to use it.
You could have used it any time you wanted
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I was trying to be less obnoxious though
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I thought we mis-stepped and lost the game when we tried to kill nan and failed.

Game was great, man. Seriously. Had fun playing and kept watching as it went on without me. Stoic work sticking with it through your personal issue as well. Three cheers for you, mate.

I have to run to a doctors appointment but I'll check on this thread later. Good stuff.

Unsung Hero award to Hockeynut!, struck down in his prime by buffoons.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

PensFanInDC wrote:
dodint wrote:Each Red had a special skill, his happened to be anti-see.

I had a See but never got to use it.
You could have used it any time you wanted
I know. But we were saving it for smaller numbers, so I never got to use it because I got Downie'd.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I may have tilted the game a bit in favor of the reds with specific abilities but I wanted them to at least match their character's traits.

The Cop would have been a baddie to replace dodint's power.

I was thinking of offering someone a chance to be reborn into the game and then just whack them in the write up as the singing telegram girl.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I was set to complain about these games being too village friendly. Seems really, really hard for reds to win. But when they bought MR25 as blue without every seriously questioning it again it was just a matter of time. Had he been bandwagoned early (per usual) the game would've ended days ago. Glad it wasn't. We really tried to subtly support the idea that MR25 was just 'acting weird/subdued' because of his newfound dedication to not spazzing during Warz. It seemed to have a good effect for us.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Mrandall is back to day 1 vote.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

That was a REALLY fun game. Thanks, PFiDC!

I was very wary about Zaro when I was paired with him but when dodint ended up being red, I started to doubt myself. I really wanted to vote MRandall out then and the day before I was killed. I'm usually pretty terrible at the game though so I assumed I was wrong. ;)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Crankshaft wrote:Mrandall is back to day 1 vote.
I guess that's the price I'm going to have to pay.

No one is going to believe me when I say I'm trying to change how I play again.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Hey, where's my role?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Definitely a fun game. Again, sorry I wasn't around as much as I wanted to be. Was sick/had year end close.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Randall wins the CFB championship and a warz game on back to back days? I will be hiding in my basement waiting for the 4 horsemen to arrive... anyone want to join me? I have beer.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Yeah, but have you seen those sweatpants?
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

CBear3 had it sooooooo, soooooo close.

One red twist and the game changes so much.

Let's do it again....

(sorry PFIDC for the PM's. When it goes dark and quite I am never sure if it okay to post.)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Timing of cbear coming out really messed me up.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

count2infinity wrote:Randall wins the CFB championship and a warz game on back to back days? I will be hiding in my basement waiting for the 4 horsemen to arrive... anyone want to join me? I have beer.
I'm headed to PFiDC's goat farm instead.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB's PM
You cheeky bastard...you arranged this whole thing didn't you?

You are Wadsworth, the Butler and the sole independent player this game. You can see on odd nights and kill on even nights. You win the game only if all other role players are dead at the game's conclusion. Good luck...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My wife and I were rooting for MWB and it looked like he would pull it out for a while.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

To the reds.. Why didn't you try killing me? And what did you think of not being able to kill nan with the angel already dead?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

We figured it was something with his role. It didn't really matter though, because he wasn't really doing anything as the vig.

I can't really speak for dodint and Zaro, but part of why we let you live was because we figured you were just blue. Definitely weren't expecting another angel to come into the game and I almost blew my cover by complaining that there was a new angel when you said it. But I think that helped us out, because you were still enough of a question mark late into the game. It was kind of easy to convince people to just vote you out.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I was trying to convince nan to shoot ulf to help me, but no luck. I thought he was blue, but wanted to eliminate him just in case. Unfortunately, nan didn't get my reasoning.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

It sucked knowing I was the only one cbear didn't clear... There really wasn't a reason not to vote for me at that point. It was really hard to defend plus that vote happened in like 3 minutes lol
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I was honestly shocked that cbear didn't look at me, the reds didn't kill me, and I didn't get one vote until the last day phase. I came into the game thinking I'd have to role claim right away
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

ulf wrote:I was honestly shocked that cbear didn't look at me, the reds didn't kill me, and I didn't get one vote until the last day phase. I came into the game thinking I'd have to role claim right away
Honestly I think this helped us more than anything else (aside from maybe me showing up blue).