☠☠ GLADIATOR WARZ WRAP UP THREAD ☠☠

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

☠☠ GLADIATOR WARZ WRAP UP THREAD ☠☠

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

First of all, big thanks to redwill for helping. Game would've been crappy without him.

Here are the PMs:

MWB:
Spoiler:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Hello MWB,

You are Spartacus, The Bringer of Rain

You're pretty much the most skilled fighter and a great leader, which means you get a special role. You will be allowed one extra vote per day phase (that will be kept secret; you will PM me this vote and any changes to it) while also having an extra move win in the arena (you have the same powers as the Champion except yours are secretive). Also, if you become the Champion nothing changes except your extra vote will become public because everyone knows you will have that extra vote.

You win with the town

Game thread will be put up soon.
Gaucho:
Spoiler:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Hello Gaucho,

You are Crixus, the Undefeated Gaul

Ain't nobody as tough as you. You also have anger management issues, which means you are given one vig shot the entire game (so use it carefully).

You win with town

Game thread will be put up soon
CBear:
Spoiler:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Hello CBear,

You are Gannicus, the God of the Arena

You are an awesome fighter and pretty influential. Because of this, you are the town busdriver, which means you can switch two player's positions during each night

read here for more about your role: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bus_Driver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You win with town

dodint:
Spoiler:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Hello dodint,

You are Oenomaus, the Doctore

You are an arena vet and a damn good teacher and thus, you can focus on teaching one gladiator a night which will give them an automatic win if they are chosen to fight in the arena (so it's pretty much an angel).

You win with town

Game thread will be up soon
Crankshaft:
Spoiler:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Hello Crankshaft,

You are The Egyptian

You don't say much and show mercy even less. You are granted one night kill throughout the game, so use it wisely.

Your red-mates are Willie Kool, tfrizz and DocEmrick

Willie Kool:
Spoiler:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Hello Willie Kool,

You are Ashur, the rat

You're a terrible fighter in the arena but a pretty good spy, so I use you as a tracker. As a tracker, you can trail one person every night and see who they interact with.

more about your role can be read here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tracker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your red-mates are Crankshaft, tfrizz and DocEmrick

Doc and tfrizz
Spoiler:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:tfrizz and Doc,

You are random baddies

You don't have any powers, but will vote with the other two baddies, Crankshaft and Willie Kool, as to who to put in the arena to fight against each other.

ulf:
Spoiler:
Hello ulf,

You are Theokoles, the Shadow of Death

You're not even a part of this ludus (you have a different owner), which is why you're ornage. You just want everybody dead and the best way to do that is by getting rid of all the role players (both red and green). You are a JOAT and have one shot of each of the following:

1. Vig kill
2. Auto save
3. Role block
4. Cop

if all the reds die, but greens are still alive, you will be given a chance to kill the greens one by one...

here are the actions:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: ☠☠ GLADIATOR WARZ WRAP UP THREAD ☠☠

my questions:

1. Is dodint the worst green player ever?
2. Why did ulf do absolutely nothing until the last night?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

How did I end up in the arena? I thought I was playing a straight Angel role and was protecting myself at first by default. How did I end up in the arena on nights 2/3?
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Who left had multiple votes?

I asked dodint if he could summons himself to the arena and he never responded. My hope was he would say something to kind of trip himself up. My gut was that he was red and voted himself to fight.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

dodint wrote:How did I end up in the arena? I thought I was playing a straight Angel role and was protecting myself at first by default. How did I end up in the arena on nights 2/3?
the reds voted you. So you kept protecting yourself and the reds kept putting you in the arena. You were supposed to be in there night 4 but CBear bussed you and Crankshaft, but since you protected yourself that's why you ended up protecting Crankshaft.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

BigMcK wrote:Who left had multiple votes?

I asked dodint if he could summons himself to the arena and he never responded. My hope was he would say something to kind of trip himself up. My gut was that he was red and voted himself to fight.
It's in MWB's role message. Essentially he had the same powers the reigning Champion had except his were secret. But the reds sent MWB and dodint in the arena at the same time dodint protected himself, so dodint automatically won.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

This was an extremely creative game MIMH, very well done!

Nice twist on actions, and the arena fight aspect; I absolutely loved that.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Ah, okay. I was looking at the chart looking for the red nominations for the arena.

Once it was kind of obvious who I was, the reds basically have a free kill every night because I couldn't lose. And they would get the angel in the arena if I protected someone else. Being exposed so early sucked, I tried to be as subtle as possible.

If Big had claimed green instead of blue (and I wasn't in a videoconference) I would have pulled back my double vote and rolled onto someone else. If I could do it over I would have fully claimed, asked the greens to claim, and then used my double vote and protection to dwindle the numbers down. But I got out of my meeting and the game was over. Derp.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:my questions:

1. Is dodint the worst green player ever?
2. Why did ulf do absolutely nothing until the last night?
Because I wasn't planning that being the last night. I mean put yourself in my shoes, I only have one see, kill and role block. Dodint was the only one that I knew had a role, but it seemed that ship sailed and they wouldn't keep putting him in the ring. I was waiting on my see for when I got voted out and subsequently saved to back up my forthcoming seer tole claim which never came to fruition. And kill? I was going to kill wk the next night
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

It ended quickly once mid day rolled around. The arena part was a nice twist that kind of took focus off of being a red / green / blue voting game.

Great job.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I really liked the arena aspect of it once I figured it out
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

dodint wrote:Once it was kind of obvious who I was, the reds basically have a free kill every night because I couldn't lose. And they would get the angel in the arena if I protected someone else.
Exactly.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

The Arena was a great idea. Very fun game for me. It really sucked that participation was so bad. The village didn't have a chance.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

ulf wrote:I was waiting on my see for when I got voted out and subsequently saved to back up my forthcoming seer role claim which never came to fruition. And kill? I was going to kill wk the next night
Now you're making me wish I hadn't switched my vote to PFIDC. This would have been good.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I felt bad I couldn't banter more. I had no idea how busy I'd be this week. This is the first time I'll be working a weekend at my new job, we're slammed.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

great game. Sorry to be the LVP.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Willie Kool wrote:The Arena was a great idea.
What a great idea it is! I've been struggling for a while with the idea of duels in a game. MIMH has provided an idea that I'll try to go with.

Shame we only had two actual fights, but I'm gonna do a rock-paper-scissors game for the hell of it. It's fun.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

I was trying to think of a more skillful way to have fights but figured I might as well go with the randomness of roshambo

It'd be more interesting to have live RPS fights though instead of a set of 7 moves
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

This is something I have wanted to replicate as well!

I'm so glad someone finally came up with a solution that seems to work. Some refinements can be made, but this was great. Good work MIMH and redwill.

I finally may be able to do a hybrid WWF Attitude game.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

The mods could do a series of coinflips if they wanted, and cut out the need for either side to PM their moves. It would be less engaging but it would also move quicker.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Anyone wanna do just the arena fights? Rock-paper-scissors?

Thread is up. Looking for eight.

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 13&t=65449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;