Miami Air accident (possible PR)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Miami Air accident (possible PR)

Post by djlm »

Hey guys,

Anyone know if this https://www.news4jax.com/video/jfrd-spo ... -air-crash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the plane the Pens still charter? They used to charter Miami Air, don't know if they still do.

Here is the plane during better times.

FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Miami Air accident (possible PR)

Post by FallenHero96 »

The plane that crashed is not the plane they usually travel on. I don't know if it is always the same plane they use, but most of the videos/pictures I can find have them using "Sheila" which is N749MA or another plane called "Elaine". The plane that crashed is N732MA, or the "Maria R".
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Miami Air accident (possible PR)

Post by FLPensFan »

FallenHero96 wrote:The plane that crashed is not the plane they usually travel on. I don't know if it is always the same plane they use, but most of the videos/pictures I can find have them using "Sheila" which is N749MA or another plane called "Elaine". The plane that crashed is N732MA, or the "Maria R".
Very interesting. There is an older lady (maybe mid 50-s to mid-60's) that lives in my community in South Florida who I believe works for that company. A few years ago, when my kids were out trick or treating, one of them wearing Penguins gear, she was talking to us for awhile about how she flys on a lot of charters with both the Steelers and the Penguins. I got the impression she was a hostess/stewardess/guest services type of role by the way she was talking.

I usually see her around the community every few months. I'll have to ask her if this is the company she works for, and if the Steelers and/or Penguins still use the company.