Midget Hockey

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Midget Hockey

Post by Humperdink »

The term Midget as it relates to hockey has been banished.

“I just think that for those who had concerns or questions regarding the term ‘midget’ and some of the other terms that are out there, if they felt that it was not appropriate, that now they’ll be more eager to join the game of hockey,” he said.

The term has long been used in a variety of sports, despite being considered by many to be a derogatory slur. Allan Redford, president of the Little People of Canada ...."

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... onal-terms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Midget Hockey

Post by Daniel »

Humperdink wrote:The term Midget as it relates to hockey has been banished.

“I just think that for those who had concerns or questions regarding the term ‘midget’ and some of the other terms that are out there, if they felt that it was not appropriate, that now they’ll be more eager to join the game of hockey,” he said.

The term has long been used in a variety of sports, despite being considered by many to be a derogatory slur. Allan Redford, president of the Little People of Canada ...."

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... onal-terms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, the bubble wrap generation is now starting to push their "safe space" agenda and moronic companies are starting to make changes.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

People that get upset over people getting upset is starting to upset me.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Zarovich wrote:People that get upset over people getting upset is starting to upset me.
Thing is the only people that are upset are only upset because they think other people are upset about something they likely don't care enough about to be upset. Those people tend to not complain about being upset and therefore are unlikely to be upset.

It's always virtue signalling racists who assume a group of people are upset about something they don't even know about.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Daniel wrote:
Zarovich wrote:People that get upset over people getting upset is starting to upset me.
Thing is the only people that are upset are only upset because they think other people are upset about something they likely don't care enough about to be upset. Those people tend to not complain about being upset and therefore are unlikely to be upset.

It's always virtue signalling racists who assume a group of people are upset about something they don't even know about.
Truly you have a dizzying intellect.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Imagine being beat up by a midget and it was released in the paper... I think the embarrassment would be harder on you that the actual beat down the midget did to you.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Trying to comprehend what you are saying here.

When I see someone getting needlessly angry or offended over and over again, it is tiresome to me. Does it upset you that I am tired of this crap?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Humperdink wrote:
Trying to comprehend what you are saying here.

When I see someone getting needlessly angry or offended over and over again, it is tiresome to me. Does it upset you that I am tired of this crap?
I think he was using a play on words here. Nothing to be upset about. :lol:

btw, I'm also tired of this crap. I rarely hear people upset who were actually the subject of the topic. It's always virtue signaling people who have no involvement other than thinking someone else must be offended. The people who never look at their own prejudice but will judge everyone else's perceived prejudice.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Thread reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it."