Chinese Trade Deal

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Chinese Trade Deal

Post by Humperdink »

In my 20 years in manufacturing and 25 years as a business owner, I have watched China destroy US manufacturing businesses, along with the high paying jobs that go with them.

Our government, along with large businesses and Wall Street, have been in bed with the Chinese for decades. With the largess we have sent overseas, the Chinese have been able built up their military, which now rivals ours. In my opinion, they are our number 1 threat. No one, repeat no one, has stood up the Chinese.

Along comes the current president who demands a level playing field on trade. Tariffs against the ChiComs (aka Chinese Communists) got their attention.

Now we have a trade deal with the Chinese government. I am thankful for that. It is disappointing the opposition party in the US does not applaud this deal as they claim to the friend of the working class. Maybe they are tied up with more important things.

(I should add, there are some in the president's party who should be applauding this deal also, but will not.)
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Chinese Trade Deal

Post by Jim »

The problem isn't the Chinese. The problem isn't the US Government. The problem is the "high paying jobs" that you mentioned. Just like you shouldn't get $15/hr for asking if you want fries with that, and now you are being replaced by iPads. The American "working class" destroyed their own manufacturing industry.