Reirden sacked by Caps

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Reirden sacked by Caps

Post by brwi »

He had a lot of buzz as the next HC to be somewhere in the NHL while an assistant in Washington and GM MacLelland decided he'd be the guy rather than renegotiating a raise for Trotz. Didn't seem to work out too well.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Reirden sacked by Caps

Post by Durbano »

I realize Todd won't have to worry about where his next meal is coming from, but that's still at least a little bit of a raw deal. They won the division last year and probably would have done so again this year. Not playing well in the bubble is a shortcoming that's very unlikely to ever be a consideration again. And it'll look even more forgivable if the Islanders dispatch of Philly in similar fashion, which hardly seems impossible.

Maybe they just see one of the veteran, currently unemployed coaches as a clear upgrade.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

I would not be displeased to see Reirden instead of Sullivan behind the Pens bench next year, even though it will never happen. He's familiar with the organization, and would be up to speed quickly.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IntangibleBeer »

Sigwolf wrote:I would not be displeased to see Reirden instead of Sullivan behind the Pens bench next year, even though it will never happen. He's familiar with the organization, and would be up to speed quickly.
You think Rierden might be coaxed back to the Pens as an assistant coach?