Congrats to Jagr!!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Congrats to Jagr!!

Post by DelPen »

The ceremony was the absolute high point of this season. Nothing else will come close to being as good.
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

^^^ This. I felt bad for Jags, especially when Bourque, I think it was Bourque, said Jags always had a smile on his face. The camera panned him and he looked pissed, as he should. Bourque then made the comment that's the first time he saw him without a smile.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

I wouldn't say he looked pissed. He was clearly busy on his phone at that moment.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I was a puddle. Jaromir's words heartfelt , humorous. Seeing 91/92 pens, moments of where you were slam you. I salute kings for coming out for the entire ceremony. Ulf was the tough guy we loved around all that glorious scoring talent.
Kovalev, Coffey, Hrdina(Jan) have recorded congratulations messages.

Let Jaromir be a coach by Zoom; all things offense.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Yeah buddy! It was amazing to be there for it. Seeing all of those guys from the 90's teams was surreal - it was like revisiting my teens and 20's. Jagr's speech was funny but also sentimental. His mom was absolutely a sweetheart in how she reacted when he thanked her, and his father.

As disappointing as the loss was, nothing could really take away from the pleasure to have been there for that ceremony. Easily one of the best players to ever play the game, and after so many years of enmity between him and the city, it was so great to be there to see that final healing. Kudos to the Penguins organization, to Jagr, and to the fans, who really rained down the love on him and the team - the "JAGR! JAGR! JAGR!" chants were amazing, and you could tell it hit him right in the feels.

What a great night!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

stonewizard51 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:15 am ^^^ This. I felt bad for Jags, especially when Bourque, I think it was Bourque, said Jags always had a smile on his face. The camera panned him and he looked pissed, as he should. Bourque then made the comment that's the first time he saw him without a smile.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Now its offical 😍 It looks awesome!

Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Lesky wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:57 am Now its offical 😍 It looks awesome!

Outstanding!
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

I really like how Mario redesigned the banners. I never understood why Mario's original banner was mostly white.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Sorry if this was posted already:

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/video/jagr ... 7212333112

I hope people have told him how great he did. That speech was excellent and he really didn't seem nervous at all.