Official GDT: Pens vs Isles 2/20/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Isles 2/20/24

Post by pronovost19 »

I bet everyone is stoked about that Phillips signed jersey in the Lemieux Foundation bags this year.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

brwi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:48 pm I'm hanging around to hear about what a huge loser point this was, all the tremendous heart shown in the 3rd, all the incredible efforts, what an important game this was, etc. etc.
I want to know where Sullivan is taking them to get pizza after the game.
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

I wish Graves would witness a mob hit and be placed in witness protection.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

DelPen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:51 pm
brwi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:48 pm I'm hanging around to hear about what a huge loser point this was, all the tremendous heart shown in the 3rd, all the incredible efforts, what an important game this was, etc. etc.
:fist:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

pronovost19 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:51 pm I bet everyone is stoked about that Phillips signed jersey in the Lemieux Foundation bags this year.
I could give it to my niece who’s under 5 feet tall but it might not fit her still.
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

DelPen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:51 pm
Chuck E Cheese. And they all get a fistful of tokens.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

I had something to say, but why bother at this point.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

DelPen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm
pronovost19 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:51 pm I bet everyone is stoked about that Phillips signed jersey in the Lemieux Foundation bags this year.
I could give it to my niece who’s under 5 feet tall but it might not fit her still.
:fist:
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ericf »

I’m sure the postgame comments from the coach will include something like: we competed hard in the third period
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Colby says this was EK's best game as a Pen. I'm thinking he may have a drinking problem.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

brwi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:59 pm Colby says this was EK's best game as a Pen. I'm thinking he may have a drinking problem.
Ridiculous.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

As a minimum, Colby needs glasses.
HellsKitchen7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by HellsKitchen7 »

Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

Getting 1 Point in this game was empty since they lost to the worst team in OT games in the NHL.
A late 3rd Period rally from strong efforts from Puustinen,Eller,Malkin and DOC.All played strong to get it tied.
Letang had a lousy game but nothing compared to Graves who once again was a liability in every facet of the game.
Ned with 2 awful goals allowed.Can't give them up in a game like this.
Once again the PP failed in a close game.Never got close to scoring and gave up another backbreaker when one ended.

Dubas and Sully decided Matthew Phillips was a difference maker.As clueless a move as could be imagined.3 Forwards who get sweaters-White,Harkins and Phillips do not belong in the NHL.2 of them(Harkins and White) got a lot of praise early in training camp and 1 was spoken of in glowing terms the past 4 days.
This entire organization is stubborn,arrogant and unable to realize the decisions both off and on the ice that have put them as a bottom 10 Team that won't be in the Playoffs.This game was there to be had against an Isles Team that blows 3rd Period Leads and is awful in OT.Didn't take advantage and won't recover.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

HellsKitchen7 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:02 pm
Brings a tear to my eye
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Wonder if Dubas does the deed before the presser
Maestro
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Maestro »

lemieuxReturns wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:37 pm Wonder if Dubas does the deed before the presser
lol - his 3 year contract hasn't even kicked in... buckle up.
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

Sully, "Puusty has offensive ability that we haven't tapped into. He has a real good shot. " Well who's f***ing fault is that? He sits the guy with the "good shot" on the PP in favor of the midget. What an ***clown. More of the compete hard jibberish. Something to build on blah blah blah.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Crash66 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:50 pm Sully, "Puusty has offensive ability that we haven't tapped into. He has a real good shot. " Well who's f***ing fault is that? He sits the guy with the "good shot" on the PP in favor of the midget. What an ***clown. More of the compete hard jibberish. Something to build on blah blah blah.
Sully’s actions speak louder than his words. He clearly thinks Puus is a one-dimensional player. He is only dressed because they need goal scoring in the worst way.

Whatever, it’s passed the point. This season is done. Do the right thing, make some sizable smart hockey trades to get this team younger, deeper, more talented and hungrier.

And fire the coach.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Harkins and his 5 minutes of ice time. Yet Puljujarvi and his new 2 year contract can’t get a sweater.

Yes he didn’t look good last game, before that he’s been one of their most physical players. We can’t have that though.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

In my honest opinion, Matthew Phillips doesn't deserve the hate being shown him. Coming off the waiver wire with a chance to get some NHL ice time, while playing on Malkin's wing would feel like Christmas.

It isn't his fault for not being taller; he's met a goal of playing hockey at an elite level while earnings a professional paycheck.

He's not going to tell the coach "no, I am not good enough to get this much ice time, heck, I just went from the AHL to the NHL with a new team. Play someone who knows the playbook".

Torpedo **** ***** ******, ***********************,(!!!) ***** *****-************* Sullivan into the sun!!!
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

Sullivan comments again same s..t as always! Im sorry to be blunt,but he looks a bit retarded .. or is he just trolling all of us in plain sight??! Just being arrogant *****bag with comments that piss off people.. I mean.. - naaah,just I dont get it! And that about Puss - are you f.... kidding me dude,like for real?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I don't understand Karlsson's game- how he plays.
Last night at the game, they appeared to be shooting the puck to open spaces, not to players. 5 on 5 and the power play.

Please allow Rust to go to the 2nd line. Maybe Sid can unlock the offensive potential of Phillips.

NYI have kept many of their core too.

Could we sign Jaromir, he is still here? GM Dubas, what now?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

BigMcK wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:32 pm In my honest opinion, Matthew Phillips doesn't deserve the hate being shown him. Coming off the waiver wire with a chance to get some NHL ice time, while playing on Malkin's wing would feel like Christmas.

It isn't his fault for not being taller; he's met a goal of playing hockey at an elite level while earnings a professional paycheck.

He's not going to tell the coach "no, I am not good enough to get this much ice time, heck, I just went from the AHL to the NHL with a new team. Play someone who knows the playbook".

Torpedo **** ***** ******, ***********************,(!!!) ***** *****-************* Sullivan into the sun!!!
The fact he is a turnover machine and can’t score goals in the NHL earns him any scorn coming his way.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

penny lane wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:26 am I don't understand Karlsson's game- how he plays.
Last night at the game, they appeared to be shooting the puck to open spaces, not to players. 5 on 5 and the power play.

Please allow Rust to go to the 2nd line. Maybe Sid can unlock the offensive potential of Phillips.

NYI have kept many of their core too.

Could we sign Jaromir, he is still here? GM Dubas, what now?
He is trying to play how the coaches want him to play. It’s not hard to understand what the problem is.